Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Simonized Axe

Yes, I have it on my Dark Axe also, and on My Vanquish. With a 16" tip too

Yes I favour this kit, I think it's one of the best barrel systems available. Quiet and efficient and gentle on paint.

Yes it's the same barrel system I made for the Empire Pro teams when I worked there, it's actually where the design originated, and then it came with the Pro versions of the Axe and then the Sniper and Resurrection.

Until I release a barrel system, this is my barrel of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    And it finally got ano... this is going to be my sneaky woods ball gun...

Attachment 380

Late to the party, but has the status of this changed any? I would love to have a 'Simonized' Frame, body, back cap, ASA for my Axe. Go really well with my Stella barrel kit and lurker bolt & poppet!!

I will have bodies available at some point, but the other parts are unlikely. They are so expensive to make for what they are that I can't see people justify the cost and buying enough of them to even cover my costs of putting them into production.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I will have bodies available at some point, but the other parts are unlikely. They are so expensive to make for what they are that I can't see people justify the cost and buying enough of them to even cover my costs of putting them into production.
    I know from the multiple threads I have read when people ask 'well what about me?' when it comes to one off or custom work that you are exceptionally busy and your machines as well and it has to be financially beneficial for you as a businessmen. But if you could humor me and give me a ball park to machine the body, back cap, and ASA?

For a one off of each on a CNC set up where I would have to reverse engineer the parts and create fixtures to hold them, you are talking thousands of dollars. It's always the time to make the first one that is where the cost is. The first will cost thousands, the second dollars, and the 1000th maybe pennies...

Take a look at ElPanda's Armada thread and the hours he has in that. Factor in that any half decent machine shop will be at least $65 an hour for the machine time. Typically design is more. If they are good then $100-$125 an hour. If they are busy and great then into the several hundreds per hour. Then look at the hours he has in making one stunning body and you can work out a value to what he did.

Unfortunately if you are doing a gun body, an asa, or a frame etc. the cost isn't really any different. It comes down to time. The man hours and the machine hours. Doing an ASA like mine is a PITA and takes almost as long as the gun body because you have to use a smaller tool and go slower to machine inside the deep pockets. Then you have to factor in reg disassembly, stripping, anodizing, reassembly and testing. It ends up more expensive for me to do a reg than it does a gun body...

I don't know of a way to make something like that which doesn't result in me losing money unless I make 20+ and even that is low quantities. 40+ is the point where it makes more business sense.

Yep, that's the frustrating reality of it all!

I would love to have a Kryptonite battery foregrip housing to match the Kryptonite body I ordered for my Axe, but... I figure I'll have to figure that one out on my own. (Tho if you have any plans Simon... that'd be a hot item and I could spend my time elsewhere!!)

But it's crazy that a new reg would be more costly to make than a body: though I totally get it.