Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Designs "Pico" 100 round force feed body shell system

Insider
    Opened the source files last night in solid works.
    I could see and rotate it but the image of the shell was not able to be manipulated.
    Using version 2012. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The file format isn't really conducive to being manipulated, as it's more of a point cloud type of file (as used by most 3D printers).
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Darn... Does anyone have a 3d file of the drive system (trays, cone, motor, etc)?.. it would save a ton of time instead of measuring and reverse engineering it to get something accurate
    I have an idea and was going to mess around with it ...just didn't want to put a shit ton of time in it for just experimenting.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGSTOWN View Post
    Darn... Does anyone have a 3d file of the drive system (trays, cone, motor, etc)?.. it would save a ton of time instead of measuring and reverse engineering it to get something accurate
    I have an idea and was going to mess around with it ...just didn't want to put a shit ton of time in it for just experimenting.
    I have some really rough ones, but I dint think they're good enough to design off of, just as stand-ins for sizing things.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by skibbo View Post
    I have some really rough ones, but I dint think they're good enough to design off of, just as stand-ins for sizing things.
    That would be great.. at least it would be a good starting point... just for trying a idea out

I'm trying to print this using Makerbot, but for some reason the files can't be opened. I keep getting an error message that says "This file can not be uploaded. It may be an unsupported file." Can anyone help?

You've extracted the file from the .zip and saved it outside before you try uploading it to your software?

It's an .stl file.

yes, I extracted it from the xip and it's in an stl file, but I keep getting this error no matter what

got it! had to save it outside of a folder.

Glad you got it sorted. Good luck. Build the battery door on it's side to make it as strong as possible