Thread: Mini/TM ASA/regulator maximum output pressure

Mini/TM ASA/regulator maximum output pressure

You'll probably be loath to answer such a question, but I thought I'd ask anyways:

Assuming I disable the pressure relief on the bottom, what is the highest output pressure that the regulator can be set to?

I ask because I would really like to use one on a Trracer. Playing with unregulated guns drives me batty; I'm currently running a regulator on the back ASA (so no need to try that argument), but would greatly prefer to use the ASA/regulator from a Mini/TM since it's nice and compact and there are probably a bunch floating around out there from everyone upgrading to a Relay.

I think everything else is doable; I just don't know what the max output of the regulator actually is.

Honestly, I think this is a missed opportunity to sell an upgrade part for the Trracer.

The simple answer is that I don't know, I've never tried to set one high. We have had them up to 350psi and I was actually thinking about building the next version so it couldn't go over 250 or so.

I suspect that you could get one to the pressures you need, but I don't know how well it would perform at such pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The simple answer is that I don't know, I've never tried to set one high. We have had them up to 350psi and I was actually thinking about building the next version so it couldn't go over 250 or so.

I suspect that you could get one to the pressures you need, but I don't know how well it would perform at such pressures.
    Well, I think I'll try it if I pick up a used stock regulator. I don't suppose you have the specs on that stock spring so I can find a stronger replacement?

What pressure are you trying to achieve? There are actually two piston springs that oppose each other. You can likely just shim one side to adjust it if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    What pressure are you trying to achieve? There are actually two piston springs that oppose each other. You can likely just shim one side to adjust it if needed.
    Well, this is for my Trracer. I have an old AA Vigilante on the back (which likes to poke me in the face); just took that off and put a gauge on it. I haven't chrono'd the gun in a while, but it looks like I'm shooting for something between 500 and 600PSI. Seems to fall in line with other data I see floating about.

If it can be shimmed up to that pressure, that would be fine with me. I was just worried about potentially bottoming out the spring or something.
    Last edited by GoatBoy; 04-18-2012 at 11:18 PM.

I think you can just put a shim in the pressure blow off and adjust it to your needs, no other mods necessary. You will need to put a high pressure gauge on it to stop you blowing the gauge. Certainly the one I just tried went to 600psi just before it blew the transfer tube inside the mini.

Not sure I recommend it though have fun!

OK, I have a mini regulator here; figuring out the rest of the details.

What is the size of the lower o-ring of the transfer tube (#50, 17555)? Is it a standard size, or something special?

Thanks!