Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: GCode: open source paintball gun board/software

Ok signed up just to get involved. I WILL find a way to resurrect a bunch of Angels with these.

Im a Java/JS developer, can assist with code if needed. (also have background in math thru calc 5).

Liking the tiny boards with USB, anything else i need to get started? Can i just order a board, load code, hack together some adapters and go?

thanks in advance, looking forward to it.

btw, am i missing a file? where is the pinout/breakout info on how to connect solenoid, eyes, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfrenchbiker View Post
    Hey Gabe,

I really like what you have going on here. Simon tells me you're looking for a couple dev resources to help program some chips on some stock guns. I'd love to help out.

My strengths aren't in coding C, but .net apps. However like you, I really like to tinker and I'm sure I'll figure it out. I have a few friends who will help me out with questions, I am sure!

I don't have any hardware at the moment, but I'd be more the willing to purchase whatever I need to get started in testing/writing.

Cheers,
    Gilbert
    I'd recommend grabbing an Arduino Uno starter kit. The software is a free download. You can get a components kit for a reasonable price so you've got some stuff to play with, also.

Quote Originally Posted by sdzell18 View Post
    Hey Gabe,

This is Jamie, electronics engineer from Empire
    I love this thread! I love to see peoples thought processes in tinkering and learning. Anyway I just wanted to say if you have any general electronics related questions or general PIC micro questions I'd be happy to help.
    I design all the empire boards using PIC micros and I know how weird they can be sometimes. The good part is once you figure one out you have a super powerful line of micros that let you do so many things. I started out with a pic18f26k20 myself when using PICs and i do agree with someones earlier statement that it would be easier to start out with a 12F or 16F but if you learn 18F the lower chips will seem less complicated.

Have fun!
    -Jamie E
    Awesome! I'm glad to have so many people from the industry chiming in here.

(Congrats on the bump up to Champions, also. Good luck in LA!)

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    So I decided to release the firmware for the Morlock series of boards; share and enjoy:

http://northarc.com/morlock_firmware.zip

Wow. Awesome! Thanks, Curt! I'll definitely be studying that this week.
    Last edited by sumorai; 07-15-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    Ok signed up just to get involved. I WILL find a way to resurrect a bunch of Angels with these.

Im a Java/JS developer, can assist with code if needed. (also have background in math thru calc 5).

Liking the tiny boards with USB, anything else i need to get started? Can i just order a board, load code, hack together some adapters and go?

thanks in advance, looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    btw, am i missing a file? where is the pinout/breakout info on how to connect solenoid, eyes, etc..
    Welcome!

There's a schematic linked in this post along with a list of components I'm using.

Once they're available, I'll just end up modifying my code to target Jamie's PaintDuino board by default, as that will be a better starting place for everyone.

Finally had some nice weather on a Monday for once, although it was 90+ degrees still. Got plenty of playing time in with the Viking. It worked very well, except that the return from power save mode was not nearly as responsive as it had been before, so there were a couple of instances where it had gone to sleep and then at the break it took two or three trigger pulls before it started firing. Gonna have to go over that code again.

And recommendation on the MOSFET?

Supports Inception Designs
    you want a logic-level N-channel MOSFET, 15+V 5+amp will be more than enough, something like this will do you just fine: http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...-E3-ND/2623113

awesome. but before anyone orders that one... it's a P channel, not an N channel.

Really? Silly fat finger on my part, that will teach me to do anything right before lunch. Yah that MOSFET looks fine.