Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empire Axe Solenoid exploded...?

Supports Inception Designs

Empire Axe Solenoid exploded...?

Had a kid bring me his Axe at the field the other day...said he was playing then heard a pop...then all the air leaked out and he heard rattling...

this was in the frame:

http://hosting.paintballtek.com/Images/IMG_5316.JPG

ever seen that happen before? the pressure was set at 180psi like it should be on the reg too...it looks like the noid just blew out the bottom...

is there any way i can get a replacement for him from Kee? Do i just call PB Solutions?

Call PB Solutions and they will send you a new one. It has happened before. It's because the bottom was overcrimped.

Thanks Simon, I was wondering if it was just a flaw in the noid or if something in the reg spiked real bad...heh. Called today and they are sending a new one out.

Wow, so what happened? They crimped the noid?

No, I assume there is a crimp in some part of the solenoid manufacture, and if they over-stressed the crimp the metal will be fatigued and become prone to breaking.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct.

So what does it mean if it happens twice...? i havent seen the marker yet, but the kid messaged me and said it did the same thing :-\

if it makes a difference it has a Boss bolt in it and he was running it at 180psi.

Is he definitely running 180 psi?

I'd check the guage to make sure it is working and he isn't running a much higher pressure. A high pressure or a reg spike could be blowing open the solenoid and maybe blowing out the end cap.

How much did he shoot it after the new solenoid? Has he adjusted his dwell too?

Any time there is an issue I like to reset everything to stock and go from there.

And if he is running my bolt his pressure should be lower then that and the dwell should also be way down from stock. The bolt it's self should have nothing to do with the noid blowing, if anything it should be easier on the noid.

When i installed the new noid and pressured the marker up it was at 180, but then again this kid isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier...and i inherently don't trust anyone when they tell me "no, i never touched anything!"

When i get ahold of the marker again ill go through it and re-set everything to factory (it has the redline OLED board) and put an ashcroft gauge on and start from 0 psi to make sure it's correct before i give it back to him...

he said he used it for half a day of playing rec-ball before it blew out. so probably 2 bags of paint?