Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: DNA Development Blog

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Tron
    FIE

TRON was awesome, but is a sci-fi/fantasy movie set inside a computer, it's not about programming. Thought of that one myself as a counter-example but I am afraid I reject it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Absolutely phenomenal.

The board itself has to be seen to be believed. Looks even smaller in real life than you would think from the renders or photos
    Designed to fit anywhere so it can do anything. The magic is in the software though.. you haven't seen nuthin' yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    FIE

TRON was awesome, but is a sci-fi/fantasy movie set inside a computer, it's not about programming. Thought of that one myself as a counter-example but I am afraid I reject it.
    I think you need to rewatch the first part

After discovering at least 10 different ways to do this wrong, I finally got it working! OLED is another [big] step closer to shipping.

Which is a good thing because the first pilot run of 30 are due at the end of the month.

http://northarc.com/dna/rna_bootloader.mp4

Great video, genuine LOL at the end

Insider
    Sorry if I just missed it somewhere in the thread, but when will I be able to order one of these and how much does the OLED board add to the cost (looked like initial cost was $89 according to a previous post)?

And just to confirm, with the current components this is still an emag friendly board right?

Quote Originally Posted by 2xFast View Post
    Sorry if I just missed it somewhere in the thread, but when will I be able to order one of these and how much does the OLED board add to the cost (looked like initial cost was $89 according to a previous post)?

And just to confirm, with the current components this is still an emag friendly board right?
    The board is out for pre-alpha with a very selective group of invite-only testers, I have to wait for field trials, I hope not much longer (less than a week?)

And you should be pleased to know that it is with specifically E-Mags in mind that I made sure the board and ALL components (button/OLED) function at anything between 3.1v to 20v

Insider
    Sweet!

Just picked up my project E-Mag. Sign me up as soon as your ready to expand your testing pool

Did you ever post official button or OLED dimensions? I'm going to sends some bits and pieces out for weight reduction in a couple of weeks. I could get some button holes poked at the same time...

Insider
    Curt,

Do you have some kind of voltage booster on the OLED board for the OLED to run on like a CR123 (Torque) Battery? It seems like most of the OLED drivers I see want like 8v to run

Going off his previous statement of '3.1 to 20V' I'm going to assume it'll run a RCR123 just fine.