Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: DNA Development Blog

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    essentially in order to have it work you need to remove the LED. If you want to do that then I can provide software that will monitor battery voltage.
    That sounds...tricky. I'd be game to try assuming we're not talking ninja level soldering. I've got a decent radio shack adjustable soldering iron...just not much skill to go with it. If not, no worries, I'm pretty sure the RC world is littered with little low voltage buzzer circuits.

Awesome on the dimensions. I don't think I need anything crazy, just attachment screw distance relative to button centers.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xFast View Post
    That sounds...tricky. I'd be game to try assuming we're not talking ninja level soldering. I've got a decent radio shack adjustable soldering iron...just not much skill to go with it. If not, no worries, I'm pretty sure the RC world is littered with little low voltage buzzer circuits.

Awesome on the dimensions. I don't think I need anything crazy, just attachment screw distance relative to button centers.
    well.. yeah kind of ninja-ish.. everything on that board is so tight that one wrong application of desolder-heat and poof you lose two components. I'll take it off for you if you want, would give me a good chance to test the software too.

Let me know if you want me to do that once we start moving units out, should be VERY soon.

Insider
    Absolutely, I would very much like that mod. I'm assuming that the OLED should offset the loss of the LED...is that a fair assumption? (as in dwell and other configuration changes wouldn't require the LED if I have the OLED installed)

Absolutely, I would very much like that mod. I'm assuming that the OLED should offset the loss of the LED...is that a fair assumption? (as in dwell and other configuration changes wouldn't require the LED if I have the OLED installed)
    You don't even need the LED for that, field-programming should be minimal with the PC configuration app. In fact currently you can't change much without it.

Insider
    I'm very excited about this project. I've had a UTB project sitting around for a while. I think I'll pick one of these up to replace the UTB. Excellent work. Thanks for all of the updates throughout the project.

I can do a drawing as well if Curt gets too busy. I did mine scaled from the layout pictures he posted so I would trust his dimensions more than mine.

Any chance of getting CAD files or dimensions on the buttons (and the OLED if it's convenient)? If I can get them ahead of picking up a board I can get my frame milling taken care of

Also, as a last minute question / feature request, does this board have the ability to monitor input voltage? I'm going to try to convert an emag over to lithium ion and I'm wondering if I could use the board as my low voltage warning. Ideally I'd like to take an action (shut down) with a sustained low voltage...
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Here are links to the Button Board and OLED board. There's Inventor files and a .igs file in the folders as well.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by skibbo View Post
    Here are links to the Button Board and OLED board. There's Inventor files and a .igs file in the folders as well.
    Awesome!

thanks for looking to see if it lines up with the angel frames. Would be awesome

Insider
    Got them, thanks!

I'll try and post some .pdf's with simple linear dimensions for folks this afternoon.