Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: DNA Development Blog

Supports Inception Designs
    Oh the button center-to-center was modeled after the E-Blade, not sure what the spec is, but on my board I made it 1cm

Oh and here's the production hardware

http://northarc.com/dna/button_oled.mp4

Wow. The production boards look awesome. How many do you have and when can I buy them?

Looks like my models are off, since I don't have the 3 pin connectors for the button board or the OLED boards on. Do you know if the cable is the same as what came with the HALO hoppers? It looks darn close.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Oh the button center-to-center was modeled after the E-Blade, not sure what the spec is, but on my board I made it 1cm

Oh and here's the production hardware

http://northarc.com/dna/button_oled.mp4
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Just realized... is that screen going to fit in an eblade with the mounting holes off the side like that?

Also, what about button board/screen overlap?

Curt mentioned that the tabs could be removed easily to keep the OLED rectangular. No idea about the overlap though.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Just realized... is that screen going to fit in an eblade with the mounting holes off the side like that?

Also, what about button board/screen overlap?
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Sure, remove the tabs, but how're you going to mount it then?

There are two options.

First yes, the tabs are removable (although that is a trick you can only do once and then mounting is a bit of a challenge if you want it in the same place, although I designed it to exactly fit, with the screen in the window and everything.

Which brings me to option two.

I designed it that way so that it would fit directly onto a 'skeleton' board which would mount in the E-Blade. In order to do this there needs to be a second header placed on the board pointing down instead of to the side which then mounts to the board in almost exactly the same way the standard e-blade board does.

I haven't decided quite how to price/market that yet but that was the plan.

Also note that you can have more than one OLED board if you want, they are independently addressable. I figured they could also mount to the top/middle of the grip if you were to cut a hole in the side, might even offer that as a mod if I had the capability of doing it cleanly, or perhaps I can find someone to do it for me.

Please understand that it has to be generic so its very difficult for me to make one part for all needs economically, but I will do my best. Since they are all hand-assembled (for the moment) I can also customize them a bit.

Wait until I get some graphics on them and the menus working properly. Its gonna be great.

Curt you've done a fantastic job so far, was just addressing my concerns. For the skeleton board, would it be possible or practical to create just a 90* connector between the OLED board and skeleton board?

Just thought of this: second (or primary) OLED board in a prophecy back plate.

I wonder how difficult/legal/safe it would be to find a pressure transducer and mount it to the high pressure side of a tank reg?

Angel AIR only not a huge brick...

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    I wonder how difficult/legal/safe it would be to find a pressure transducer and mount it to the high pressure side of a tank reg?
    If people still ran their tanks bottom line style with an integrated tank reg, this would be cool to see on guns. I don't think it would fly in the current market, though. With the move to gas-thru you'd have to standardize the ASA to frame interface, and I don't see that happening.

For a one-off, though, I don't think it'd be difficult at all to put a transducer in the 1/8" NPT port that the tank gauge is sitting in right now. The constraint would be whether or not you can find one the DNA can read. I haven't been following this thread as closely as I should be so I couldn't tell ya.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    If people still ran their tanks bottom line style with an integrated tank reg, this would be cool to see on guns. I don't think it would fly in the current market, though. With the move to gas-thru you'd have to standardize the ASA to frame interface, and I don't see that happening.

For a one-off, though, I don't think it'd be difficult at all to put a transducer in the 1/8" NPT port that the tank gauge is sitting in right now. The constraint would be whether or not you can find one the DNA can read. I haven't been following this thread as closely as I should be so I couldn't tell ya.

The DNA has multiple onboard a2d channels that can independantly read 0-1.1v or 0-3.6v range, so voltage-divide/amplify into that range and you'd be good to go.
    Last edited by Curt; 10-07-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Insider
    Way cool. Very excited to get my hands on one of these.