Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: DNA Development Blog

Status LED on the backside of the DNA board.

When you're excited to see something, time slows to a stand still.
    Last edited by barrel roll; 03-03-2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo

Happy March.

almost happy april

RIP DNA board....

Would be nice if we could at least get some kind of contact

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    Would be nice if we could at least get some kind of contact
    Sure would.

Okay so you all know the deal, my career took me to Las Vegas, and the thing about getting a new job in a very senior position is making sure you prove in the first 3 months that the massive amount of money they paid to get you was worth it.

This has left me with little time for anything else. I'm very sorry to leave you hanging.

Apology over, time to get these board rolling.

I put my workshop back together (such as it is) here in Vegas in my garage, and have everything just about fully set up. I will be getting back to work this weekend and should, er.. WILL. have an update for you tomorrow. after I have something to tell

The state of things right now is the board works fine, but the button/display board has some bugs in the software that make them a bit unreliable, that is not acceptable AT ALL and I have to get it bulletproof. That is what I am doing right now and it is a PAIN IN THE *^#$, which makes it doubly hard to get back into the swing of things.

In other news my new boss is into guns in a big way so I had the excuse to buy the AR-15 I've always wanted. Too bad its jail time for me to mod the trigger with an electronic actuator.. or... is it..?

By the way I have an awesome idea for a scope. have had one for some time now but never had the chance to make it work. The "smart" rifle scopes that just came out are close, but still missed some important features I have in mind. Might make some of those too

-Curt

Thank you for taking the time to drop us a line. Glad to know things will progress, regardless of how long it takes

Great to see an update! I look forward to what you come up with. Cheers.

Sat down and got to work, turns out I forgot/lost/never-had one of my prototyping boxes in the move. pain in the butt. Most of that stuff I can buy/do without but the alligator clips .. grr.. going to be a trip to Radio Shack and $30.

The little things are the most annoying, it seems. I went through very little trouble in my old workshop when it came to lighting, just grabbed a shop-type overhead florescent rig and wired it up, took $12 and 10 minutes, done. But here I can't since it would interfere with the garage door, so I need some kind of floor-lamp arrangement to get decent lighting, and nothing quite works. Amazing how important good lighting is when working with small components. I honestly think it has to do with pupil dilation, small aperture-grainy view.

anyways got that all set up and finished the test-install of the grip. Turns out I think I might need to change a component. I think it would be better to have the three-wire plug go over the TOP of the board instead of pointing out the back. this makes the screw-hole kind of hard to use/access but I think it will be the proper thing to do overall.. the length is going to interfere with a lot of installations.

Building up some more prototypes to get out for installs, particularly to those who have better access to machines than I do, to make sure they will fit in grips properly.