Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So for the Morlock code port to DNA, what fire modes would you like included?

Supports Inception Designs

So for the Morlock code port to DNA, what fire modes would you like included?

I've been out of it for a little while, if you want a fire mode included in the Morlock code port, describe it here.

Or if you just have a neat idea for one, I'll add it

Insider
    Auto response - I like to be in the habit of sending two rounds down range to up the odds of a break, but 3 shot burst, ramping and full auto are all just over the top..

Pump! Hear me out...
    I would like to make a electronic pump kit for some of the spool valve guns out there (esp my DAM). Here's how it would work
    Trigger pull = cycle bolt forward and leave it there
    Second trigger input = bolt retracted

...maybe I could steal the eye input for the second "trigger" switch?...not much need for eyes on a pump anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xFast View Post
    Auto response - I like to be in the habit of sending two rounds down range to up the odds of a break, but 3 shot burst, ramping and full auto are all just over the top..
    Easy, in fact I have a new ramping mode (well.. new to me, if it's already been though of then *shrug*) I call it 'Double-Tap' mode. Its a ramping mode where after X shots at Y rate the gun goes into auto-response, with, say a 1-second timeout. I've always found auto-response to be my favorite mode ('Connected' as Doc once put it), ever since I first put it into an electronic gun oh-so-many years ago. Wish I could say I invented it but I got the idea from an AutoMag frame I had heard of (never seen one).

Quote Originally Posted by 2xFast View Post
    Pump! Hear me out...
    I would like to make a electronic pump kit for some of the spool valve guns out there (esp my DAM). Here's how it would work
    Trigger pull = cycle bolt forward and leave it there
    Second trigger input = bolt retracted
    not gonna happen. Holding the bolt closed means holding the solenoid ON and that is murder on the battery. Like 'only get 100 shots' kind of murder, potentially. Now then, on a CLOSED BOLT marker like a 'Cocker, I could easily wire up a second sensor you had to trigger to cycle the bolt. Which is my second-favorite mode I call sniper mode, a mode I can claim full ownership of

Your double tap mode is how a certain pro player and manufacturer used to cheat... there is video of it somewhere too

Pump is actually a great concept, but there may be a better way to do it.

I first made a pump electro out of a B2K back in the early 2000's with a few extra switches as limits on the pump stroke. It would be awesome to be able to use another input, or two as limit switches and allow a proper electro pump mode for those guys putting mq valves into Sniper's etc.

You could either have one switch that has to open and then close at the beginning and end of the stroke, or have one at each end to verify a full stroke...

I suspect we will already be able to drop the rof low, but one mode that I know fields and stores liked for beginners is "Billy Ball" mode where the ROF could be set very low. Even slowing it down to one shot every two seconds or similar can make a great introductory mode where no one will get over shot.

We could add an accelerometer and have "Musket" mode, where the gun has to be pointed up at the sky between shots to "reload" it

I like the idea of having a pump mode so you would have to push a button before you pull the trigger. the pump arm could then mount right on the barrel with only a wire connecting it to the gun

but other then that:
    semi capped and uncapped
    ramp 12.5 bps
    full auto
    auto response
    3 shot burst

and can there be an optional bluetooth adapter? maybe too much to ask.

(can it also make chilie and fries, a knife sharpener would be good too)
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 07-31-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Insider
    Holding the bolt closed means holding the solenoid ON and that is murder on the battery.
    Damn reality...

I had assumed the solenoid valve operated like those intended for double acting rams ala race cockers. Makes sense that they would be true 3-ways.

I'll second anything along the lines of low, low bps. I can only go down to ~9bps at the moment and that hardly seems fair against rentals.

Insider
    That "sniper mode" could still work on a spool marker right? Just something like an electronic safety I had to clear before each shot?

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    we could add an accelerometer and have "musket" mode, where the gun has to be pointed up at the sky between shots to "reload" it :d
    yes!!

Hmm... I'd been thinking about adding a "pump" mode to GCode, but my idea was to have the user "pump" the gun by holding the trigger down a certain amount of time before it would shoot, and either shoot directly after it had been pumped, or perhaps require an additional pull to then fire the shot.