Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So for the Morlock code port to DNA, what fire modes would you like included?

Oh a another fun mode would be a ball limit mode that allows the marker to fire an x amount of shots then stop firing (until either the gun is restarted or something similar). This should work wonderfully for places where the amount of shots per game is limited (at my local outlaw field we limit everyone to 50 shots per game for example). A variation of this would be a six shot "western" mode, a 9 shot "pistol", or a 10 shot "Mag-fed" Mode where the gun shoots an x amount of shots then stops firing for the amount of time it would take an actual gun with an equivalent magazine or a revolver ("western" mode) to be reloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftblade13 View Post
    Oh a another fun mode would be a ball limit mode that allows the marker to fire an x amount of shots then stop firing (until either the gun is restarted or something similar). This should work wonderfully for places where the amount of shots per game is limited (at my local outlaw field we limit everyone to 50 shots per game for example). A variation of this would be a six shot "western" mode, a 9 shot "pistol", or a 10 shot "Mag-fed" Mode where the gun shoots an x amount of shots then stops firing for the amount of time it would take an actual gun with an equivalent magazine or a revolver ("western" mode) to be reloaded.
    Great minds...?

1 shot, then trigger disable for specific time. 500ms to 2 seconds adjustment range maybe to simulate cycling the pump. This gets rid of the multiple trigger pulls per ball.

You could also set a "hopper size" to simulate tube feed, etc. Example: every tenth shot there is a 5-10 second trigger disable (to emulate swapping tubes or filling a box hopper). Or you could have a selectable "max" ball count for ammo restricted play. Essentially disabling for LONG periods (think minutes). It'd need to have a power cycle reset prevention though.

Just some quick thoughts.

Supports Inception Designs
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep them coming! With USB configuration, this is all a cinch, will just be menus with slider/spinner bars

This is not an either/or situation, I'm going to include it all.

how about a mode that shoots to the beat of "another one bites the dust"?

I kid, but the sniper one is all i care about for my Excalibur. If you need one to test, lmk. I can find one to loan to you

Yup :D

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
    Great minds...?

Yup and I can't help but think of cowboy type scenario's complete with leather chaps and stetson hats (western mode)

The concept of slider bars reminds me of the old Race Frame software.

It was definitely ahead of it's time.

wow that's almost exactly what I was planning to make. not used to following someone else's act, better step it up

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    wow that's almost exactly what I was planning to make. not used to following someone else's act, better step it up

I must say, the graphic doc posted on the guild seems a touch more appealing than that interface...

shhhh! you'll spoil the surprise!