Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So for the Morlock code port to DNA, what fire modes would you like included?

Supports Inception Designs
    Okay this is the FIRST ROUGH PASS, it does not include the visualizations yet, but here is a screenshot, and here is the actual app which SHOULD run standalone on Win32 (it just wiggles dialogs, it does not do anything yet) In fact let me know if it doesn't and what error you get, I think I may need to have users install some runtime libraries, and I'd like to avoid that if possible.

http://northarc.com/dna/morlock_app.zip

wow. my automag minded self is having a hard time with the terms

Great start.

With how people tune their guns for PSP now it would be good if the ROF can be adjusted in .1 increments

We are likely going to need some explanation for all of the terms and what they do

Is it a PITA to be able to click in a box and implement a number via typing rather than the up and down arrows?

Otherwise it's looking good for a start!

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Okay this is the FIRST ROUGH PASS, it does not include the visualizations yet, but here is a screenshot, and here is the actual app which SHOULD run standalone on Win32 (it just wiggles dialogs, it does not do anything yet) In fact let me know if it doesn't and what error you get, I think I may need to have users install some runtime libraries, and I'd like to avoid that if possible.

http://northarc.com/dna/morlock_app.zip

Editing the text is easy, just kinda messy looking. I have gone back and forth on this, how often are you going to be doing gross adjustments? I thought not often to never. If you think its a good idea to have then as I said its a piece of cake, just a pain to replace all the static text boxes with edit controls but that's the biz.

.1bps increments is easy, didn't realize it would be necessary.

Every box will have a tooltip, I just haven't put many in yet.. okay I've put ONE in.. if you mouse over.. here we are Dwell 1 has it implemented.

I am open to more people giving input, but my reasoning was pretty simple.

Since this board can be used for any gun I am expecting that we will put out groups of setting numbers for different types of gun as a starting point, so it's easier if someone is reading from a post to just take that number and input it.

The numbers could be very different for say a spool open bolt gun to a poppet closed bolt dual solenoid gun so initial set up is easier if you can put the full number in. After that I agree it is unlikely you will be making gross adjustments, but I think it is likely that will always be the first adjustment that is made. Not a huge deal in the bigger picture.

Mouse over works We may need to let people know that's there though

well my intention was to be able to trade profile (.mlk files) that's the format it saves in. The idea is you can post profiles for others to download and just use.

I'll have another upload tomorrow that includes the visualizations and will be ready for iteration on features, I will publicize it a smidge more to get feedback on what features/parameters/controls they want on this board. I can add just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    well my intention was to be able to trade profile (.mlk files) that's the format it saves in. The idea is you can post profiles for others to download and just use.

I'll have another upload tomorrow that includes the visualizations and will be ready for iteration on features, I will publicize it a smidge more to get feedback on what features/parameters/controls they want on this board. I can add just about anything.
    Even better. That solves my reasoning. In that case keeping it clean and simple works for me

Insider
    Are the files human readable? Any chance you can post one up?

no they are binary, you want human readable? bah. you know how easy fwrite( &settings, sizeof(settingsStructure), 1, outfile ); is to write? geez.

Okay well fortunately I have a very deep set of libraries I've written over the years, shouldn't be much trouble to throw down key/value, but don't ask for XML

-Curt

Also I blew the dust off my Mac and fired 'er up. If it's as easy as Linux was it shouldn't be more than a day or so to have an OSX version.