Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So for the Morlock code port to DNA, what fire modes would you like included?

Insider
    Actually, XML or JSON would be perfect
    I'm working on a mobile UI, so it'd be cool if it actually output something usable, though it would probably have to convert the structure anyway (it's more like a dumbed-down PLC than a settings page).

Still needs a lot of stuff put (graphs, presets, add/remove/reorder commands etc) in but the basic idea is there
    Attached Images Attached Images

Supports Inception Designs
    nice! okay JSON it is, I wrote an importer/exporter for that recently anyway

OSX port completed, DNA board can now talk to Mac

file format is JSON:

{ "RampTimeout" : 750,
    "RampTopMode" : 1,
    "RampClimb" : 1,
    "RampEnableCount" : 3,
    "Locked" : 0,
    "eyeHighBlocked" : 0,
    "eyeHoldoff" : 1,
    "maxDwell2" : 100,
    "Dwell2" : 50,
    "Dwell2Holdoff" : 10,
    "Dwell1" : 10,
    "Debounce" : 150,
    "Rebounce" : 30,
    "ABSAddition" : 5,
    "ABSTimeout" : 0,
    "Dimmer" : 255,
    "AccessortRunTime" : 100,
    "BoltHoldoff" : 5,
    "EnhancedTriggerTimeout" : 400,
    "BurstCount" : 3,
    "BallsPerSecond" : 12.200000,
    "FireMode" : 1,
    "SingleSolenoid" : 0 }

and should be accessible through a command-line app I have not yet written, but will be pretty easy to knock out once I deal with some higher priorities.

Insider
    Thanks, I'll put that in.

Only worked on it a bit (still very rough and no data structures) but I jammed the touch interface together into a single file. Probably only works in Chrome and the Android browser.

The idea is that you add input or output operations for x ms on pin n, give it a nickname then select whether the circuit is meant to be open or closed during this period. Next step will be grouped operations with goto (serial execution) and gosub (parallel execution) commands.

I'm not really committed to finishing this, it's just a proof of concept for a way to make an easy-to-program board that could handle almost anything you threw at it. Being able to control dwell and timing of different steps over bluetooth while referring to a chronograph line graph would make tuning super easy and could make external buttons & LCD's obsolete.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by neftaly; 08-12-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Just about there. The app now has visualizations for all the fire modes, working on tooltips now, here are some screenshots, and hey, if you want to play with it, feel free to download.

http://northarc.com/dna/morlock_app.zip

a quick question to Curt which modes did you decide to ultimately include?

so far I have semi, autoresponse, burst, full auto and ramping. With ramping I have a variety of sub-menu options to shape exactly what kind of ramp you want. The key is you set the "top mode" on the ramp to be whatever you want, so if you want to ramp up to full auto, or burst, or autoresponse you can, and tune how it ramps and how fast etc..

Now that I think on it I should probably have some pre-configured "ramp" options.

This is NOT set in any kind of stone, please speak up!

Im actually really excited about an electric pump mode. make any marker a pump gun or PSP ramp with the push of a button.

OR...

Pump activated PSP ramp!

Pump... Shoot, Pump... Shoot, Pump... Shoot, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT,SHOOT!

Don't forget that sniper mode!

I was just going to mention sniper mode for autocockers. The programing ap, is this something that we could possibly run from say a cell phone, or is it pc based only? I know that android based apps are harder to write due to the many different screen sizes of android based phones. I am not a fan of apple, but realisticly writing aps for them is easier due to apple products all having close to the same screen sized throught their generations.

I have an old palm pilot I use for programing my Racegun cockers, maybe it will be compatible.
    Last edited by evil_racecocker; 08-12-2013 at 11:39 PM.