Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: So for the Morlock code port to DNA, what fire modes would you like included?

Supports Inception Designs
    My plan is to eventually have an app for android and apple, screen-size isn't an issue, familiarity with the SDK is. Lets see how they do. My issue with Apple is the USB port.. they don't have one.. I would have to see how well my custom USB implementation feels about an apple USB adaptor.

I am not sure how big the European market will be but just in case we should make this work for their European tournament series also...

Millennium series ramping.

(1) The first three shots of ANY string have to be in semi-auto.
    (2) In order to start ramping you have to pull the trigger at a minimum rate of 5 pulls per second, that is once every 200ms or faster.
    (3) Once ramping has started you must continue to pull the trigger at a minimum rate of 5 pulls per second (once every 200ms or faster) in order to sustain ramping.
    (4) Ramping stops when you do not pull the trigger for 200ms.
    (5) There is NO one second ramp restart period. That means that as soon as ramping has stopped (see 4) then you have to start again at (1).

In practice, many will refer to 'two shots per pull' or 'only one extra shot'. This is because 10bps equals 1 shot every 100ms and if it takes 200ms for ramping to stop (see 4) then two shots can occur in that time.

The closest that I can find on the MS website is -

In a move to come closer to a world wide standard of rules and procedures and as discussed at the CPL/SPL team owners meeting in Amsterdam, the MS will adopt the same ROF cap (10bps) as used in the PSP. The rules will be updated shortly by following wording of rule ''10.01 Markers''

- The first 3 shots must be semi-auto mode only.
    - Markers will be limited to a ROF of 10 balls per second (in 2009 actually 10.5 bps), defined as no two consecutive shots may be timed shorter than 95ms apart (reading on ROF meter of 10.5 bps or less = legal; reading on ROF meter of 10.6 bps or higher = illegal).
    - Ramping of shots will be allowed only once 5 bps has been achieved. Then the marker may ramp to 10 bps, but only as long as the 5 bps is continually maintained. Once the trigger is stopped to be activated, only one single additional shot may be discharged.

Clarification: the 5 bps for start/sustain ramping dose not need to be hit physically, it refers to the time delay between trigger activations, which must be at least the equivalent to 5 bps. So a marker may start to ramp up to 10 bps, if (after the first three shots being in semi-auto only) the time delay between 3rd and 4th trigger activation is less than 200ms.

this is probably a topic for a different time but why cant all the leauges decides on a speed?

Insider
    Apple are really stingy about hardware. For non-BLE and wired dock connections costs were something like 20k+ (thanks to all the testing required). You can develop with these connections or use a Jailbroken phone but nothing else. The only workarounds are to use an oldschool flashing screen + photodiode, Bluetooth 4.0, or to use the 3.5mm jack as a data connection.

I have a jailbroken iPad I can test with, also I'm going to order a bluetooth module to.. play with..

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I am not sure how big the European market will be but just in case we should make this work for their European tournament series also...

Millennium series ramping.

(1) The first three shots of ANY string have to be in semi-auto.
    (2) In order to start ramping you have to pull the trigger at a minimum rate of 5 pulls per second, that is once every 200ms or faster.
    (3) Once ramping has started you must continue to pull the trigger at a minimum rate of 5 pulls per second (once every 200ms or faster) in order to sustain ramping.
    (4) Ramping stops when you do not pull the trigger for 200ms.
    (5) There is NO one second ramp restart period. That means that as soon as ramping has stopped (see 4) then you have to start again at (1).

In practice, many will refer to 'two shots per pull' or 'only one extra shot'. This is because 10bps equals 1 shot every 100ms and if it takes 200ms for ramping to stop (see 4) then two shots can occur in that time.
    With my config software that's easy-peezy, looks like this:

Hey Curt, I PM'd you but didn't get a response...

Just wondering if you shipped out my MINI yet? You mentioned a while ago that you were almost done so I'm just curious how that's going along

Simon,

Thanks for the millenium mode clarification, your method of explaining it finally has made me realize how it truly works. Great idea for ramping in safety oriented way IMO.

Okay the software is just about finalized, and I got to thinking- trigger programming.. don't really need it anymore. At least not the full-featured version, since the bulk of the work should all be done "off field".

I am still going to have some customizablility on the field, but to what extent? I am interested in hearing opinions, but here is what I am thinking:

program mode:
    register:
    1 - fire mode, can't imagine this going anywhere
    2 - Fire Rate (in bps, not tenths)
    3 - eye enable, might want to turn the eye on/off due to paint splatter/damage
    4 - eye test, LED follows the "eye blocked" register to test if it it working properly
    5 - dwell 1 --
    6 - dwell 2 -- for chrono/tuning at the field with no computer handy

And... that's about it. Maybe some ramping changes to comply with an overzelous ref? really?

Keep in mind that within 6 months I will be coming out with smart-phone programming. So.. anyone think I should add/remove from this list?

And for that matter, if you have the button board but NO OLED... what should the buttons.. do? I am brainstorming that now.

Opinions please?
    Last edited by Curt; 09-12-2013 at 03:29 PM.