Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: So for the Morlock code port to DNA, what fire modes would you like included?

could the buttons store preprogrammed settings? press #1 for saved #1 and #2 for #2...

as for the settings, i would limit the changable settings to RoF, eyes on/off, dwell; basically what you have listed.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    could the buttons store preprogrammed settings? press #1 for saved #1 and #2 for #2...

as for the settings, i would limit the changable settings to RoF, eyes on/off, dwell; basically what you have listed.
    sure, not a bad idea.. but... stored what?

well center-button is power, that's a done deal. power-on at least.

how about after power on the three buttons toggle between any two values in any register, so

[1] -- toggle between semi and FA
    [2] -- toggle low dwell/high dwel
    [3] -- toggle eye on/off

for example.. or..

[2] -- toggle eye test

or.

[1] -- dwell 1 between 10ms and 8ms
    [2] -- fire mode between semi and auroresponse
    [3] -- between 8bps and 15bps

or anything else you want to think of

in addition, holding down the center button for more than.. 6 seconds.. turns the power off.

reaction?

6 seconds seems like a long time to power off?

Eye on and off is important.

I'd also really like to see a "tune mode" where you can shoot the gun and press up to increase dwell and down to reduce it so you can really tune in the settings on the gun as you shoot it over a chrono. Actually same with rof and that I would want adjustable in tenths...

Changing modes is cool, but it needs to be able to be locked out for a tourny mode etc. as do the other adjustments. How do you plan on that?

Sorry I don't understand the high dwell low dwell thing...

On a PE gun, center is power/mode control/ enter settings menus (depending if tourney lock) top is eye toggle and I don't think the bottom does anything from the get go... Feel free to correct me.

6 seconds is really long to me as well.

As Simon pointed out, we need a tourney lock feature!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    6 seconds seems like a long time to power off?

Eye on and off is important.

I'd also really like to see a "tune mode" where you can shoot the gun and press up to increase dwell and down to reduce it so you can really tune in the settings on the gun as you shoot it over a chrono. Actually same with rof and that I would want adjustable in tenths...

Changing modes is cool, but it needs to be able to be locked out for a tourny mode etc. as do the other adjustments. How do you plan on that?
    Okay yeah that's a good idea, as a compliment to trigger programming.. I'll need to noodle on that a bit to make sure its easy to understand and use.

Tourney lock is easy, I have a checkbox on the software that locks out trigger programming, when it's on the light does a rapid blink that is easy for a ref to check. Since you have to plug it into a USB morlock app it would be pretty hard to defeat on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    OTourney lock is easy, I have a checkbox on the software that locks out trigger programming, when it's on the light does a rapid blink that is easy for a ref to check. Since you have to plug it into a USB morlock app it would be pretty hard to defeat on the field.
    Roger that, but it would be nice if you can turn it off in the pits if you need to adjust settings...

(although to be honest I don't know that anyone ever follows the rules and actually has the tourney lock set on their boards anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Roger that, but it would be nice if you can turn it off in the pits if you need to adjust settings...

(although to be honest I don't know that anyone ever follows the rules and actually has the tourney lock set on their boards anymore).

Could be one of the first little apps I do for the smartphone, lock/unlock, will have to see.

So I was thinking, if you're going to do a bluetooth adaptor, how are you going to change settings? Assuming that you have to compile and load the new program from the phone, and then send over bluetooth, the OS(best descriptor I could think of) will be overwriting itself, crashing bluetooth...

I am by no means a programmer, so this thought has stumped me.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    So I was thinking, if you're going to do a bluetooth adaptor, how are you going to change settings? Assuming that you have to compile and load the new program from the phone, and then send over bluetooth, the OS(best descriptor I could think of) will be overwriting itself, crashing bluetooth...

I am by no means a programmer, so this thought has stumped me.

Well.. that all depends on what you mean by "change settings" doesn't it?

If you mean update the timings/modes of the board, well those are just properties, stored in EEPROM, so no big deal there, but if you mean to actually load new code onto the chip (reflashing firmware), well I suppose but why would I want to?

If one DOES want to do that, then you are correct, the bluetooth logic needs to live outside the area of code being updated, probably not that big a deal actually, since the bluetooth firmware takes care of most of the hairy details, a small program could be loaded high into ram that just accepted code and committed it into lower flash, so the transfer would be set up and carried out by a small program that erased itself when it was done.

Of course that space would be unavailable for programming, but I bet I could get a bluetooth rs232/interface routine down to under 100 bytes or so, self-contained.

Again.. if you WANTED to, which I don't. If you are going to reflash the firmware on the DNA board, hook it up to a USB port