Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New e frame for autocockers

New e frame for autocockers

Simon, I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not to post in but I thought is give it a go regardless. Have you thought about doing a new e frame for autocockers? I think there is huge potential because right now there are not many options, and they are either expensive, hard to find, and/or considerably outdated ergonomically.
    There is also quite a bit of demand.

Currently there are no frames still made for cockers so the options dwindle down to:

Eblades

Race frames

Ndz frames

Center flag uprising frames

Mq valves + ego, Timmy, ul frames

And those wgp sf frames.

All of these lack modern ergos except the ndz frame and its kind of ugly on most cockers.

Sound like a fun project?

It sounds like a VERY fun project, and one I would be happy to help try and bring along as an open source project, but it isn't one I can dedicate too much of my time to right now as I really need to get more done under Inception Designs and out onto the market in order to keep supporting my endeavours.

I will do everything I can to support an open source project here on it though, and obviously we can easily tie it in with the DNA board for controls.

Things we would need to consider.

Lay out.

Race frame style, or E-Blade style?

Sear solenoid system?

Get everyone you can who would care involved, and lets see what we can hash out.

Something that I've always wanted to do for my MQ2 pump is modify a slider frame into an electro. Would forget about the sear, remove the mechanical one then rig something up for a micro switch. My only two conundrums though where I couldn't find a slider frame that I wanted to hack up and space for a board. However with the DNA board out and about the gear have started to turn again will have to wait until after the wedding though and if I can find another frame out in my neck of the woods.

I've seen people do it with those single angel led frames before but not an actual slider.

I was thinking eblade style with a clapper noid. Mainly because I've had better luck with them.

I'm thinking the main things to address are trigger guard, trigger, and grips. Those three things make most of the frames currently avaliable used outdated in my opinion.

For the grips could we reposition the holes in the frame so that it uses axe or ego grips? Or would it be too fat. What are your guys opinions on triggers? Spring or magnetic or both. Optical or microswitch? Trigger shape?

I tend to like microswitch with a wave style trigger.

Supports Inception Designs
    What about repurposing an existing frame? I've seen a lot of e-cockers and mech cockes with ego frames anyways. Would be possibly pretty easy to use those, or even mini or ion frames (since those are dirt cheap)

I would think a mini/axe frame would work great, I believe the hole spacing is almost the 4.125" Autococker spacing anyways.

If it was from scratch personally I'd go with Ego11 grips or something similar. I like that they have the nub so that you can't screw through the grips and into the solenoid, plus even if you lose a screw the grips stay pretty secure.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

You have to use mq valves with those though and they aren't easy to come by

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by weerez935 View Post
    You have to use mq valves with those though and they aren't easy to come by
    I suppose. You could modify them to fit a sear, although that may be more work than it's worth.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

I would prefer doing the sear tripper route because then anyone with any cocker can put it on. Then it opens up how many people can use it. A lot of people avoid using frames that require an mq because of the avaliability, reliability, and expense. If we go that route it becomes a product for a much much smaller niche.

What about redesigning a lower tube kit that doesn't require a sear, yet can still be mechanical?

That would be cool.
    As long as it doesn't require incredibly hard to find parts I'm cool with it.