Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New e frame for autocockers

Quote Originally Posted by weerez935 View Post
    I would like to see improvements to the trigger. A roller bearing wave shape with a newer return system (whatever you guys think).
    Bearings really don't do much for triggers as compared to a nicely sized and fitted hole. Often then end up worse actually. Fitting something in as short a height as possible may make it tough to keep a bearing. I wonder how much of an issue that would be for market perception even though it truely wouldn't be a functionality issue.

Insider
    I don't have any mech cockers on hand at the moment - does anyone how far through the grip does the 3-way rod go? In a standard cocker and in a Resurrection if you know please!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    >

Just for the record, I'm neither insinuating or suggesting it be done a certain way, only trying to figure out where this is going.

So with that said, if we are giving kick backs to "designers or Inception" then that implies to me at least that "someone" will be designing the parts and making a file available to everyone(?)
    Or, will we will be paying "the guy" (just for example) that says "hey, lets make a sled" to activate the sear(?)

I guess my point is that anyone that has actually ever designed, programmed, machined a prototyped(s) (until they had a working part and file) not to mention tooling, fixtures, materials and supplies, knows how much time, money and effort it takes just to get to the point were you have a viable working part. I know it all begins with an idea, but ideas are kind of the easy part or at least the least inexpensive of the whole process. However engineering skills definitely have value, that said, there is a big difference between an engineered part or model compared to a concept. (I could chase my tail here explaining that, hopefully it makes sense)

So are the kick backs for files or ideas or both?

Hopefully I'm not making too big of a deal out of it. I just don't want to jump on board and end up making the wrong move somewhere in the process.
    I hope I covered it earlier, but it's important to me to make sure everyone is comfortable and understands the expectations/requirements.

I do not expect anything. I do not require anything (other than NOT using my logo's or brand with out my permission )

I agree with you 100%, often the ideas are the easy part. The implementation is the hard work and the costly part.

If someone does want to do the CAD/Engineering and requires compensation for the use of their work, I am ok with that. If they want to give it the community I am cool with that too. Nothing is required.

If someone wants to make the CAD and parts and then keep control of it and sell it themselves as a final product I am 100% cool with that. The ideas and concepts are open to all, people can contribute as much or as little as makes them comfortable and makes them want to be involved.

If one or more people then want to go further and get a products out then that's awesome and these foruims will support them totally. Just getting a result out would be a win.

I do believe that the people who put in work and effort and money should have the opportunity to be rewarded if that's what makes things happen.

Ok, so it sounds more like a "brain trust". So we could do an "Inception Brain Trust" logo for kudos. I'd be willing to machine that into a frame.
    When you get to the point you are ready to machine a frame, we will come up with a solution that helps support the open source community, and that looks good, that you can engrave into it

I put a feeler out on the purchase of a BL-AC this morning at the gym, I'll have to pick up some parts to get me started with a basic design. I have a few projects ahead of this that I am committed to finish first, but I have always been fascinated with the AC and have always wanted one. This could be fun.
    Aaargh too late. You will be hooked. Especially as a ride, you will understand when I say that the Autococker is the Harley Davidson of paintball.

I have a definite love hate relationship with them, and already have plans for a few more Autococker based projects

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    I don't have any mech cockers on hand at the moment - does anyone how far through the grip does the 3-way rod go? In a standard cocker and in a Resurrection if you know please!
    You mean how far through from the side through the frame and trigger plate? Not 100% sure what you are asking.

Insider
    Where the 3-way rod is bent, and it goes into the grip, how deep does it extend? The two frames I have here are just slotted through, but they are also thinner at the top of the body then a race frame. I am trying to find space for a hose into the gun.

With the Resurrection the end of the rod comes all the way through to within approx 0.05" of the other side.

Insider
    okay - how thick is the front of the grip there?

I am trying to run the airline down the grip, and make it past the 3-way so it doesn't rub.