Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New e frame for autocockers

Insider
    Okay, like by slider frame go-by, which is .505 - Okay. Hrm. Might have to get creative.

What about the FAT Frame (think sfl).

@ Simon. I don't think people would really care if it had roller bearings or not. As long as its the best trigger you can buy for a cocker, which honestly any wave trigger would be a step up. Acid and dlc inc make some carbon fiber and Delrin ones I can get them in here or at least a picture of the different shapes.

I had a few questions for you guys.

1. Dlc inc sells an eblade mod where ego buttons are installed. They are much nicer than those tiny buttons. Can we incorporate this?

2. I have acess to Final Cut Pro x and could make some promotional videos when we get closer to a real frame. Would that be something you guys would like?

3. How do you guys feel about keeping this secret (at least on the Internet) until we get closer to a product? I would really like to do a teaser video a month or two before but have videos avaliable the day they start selling showing the manufacturing process, how to put it on your gun, how to adjust it, etc.

4. If you guys want once we get closer i can put some feelers out on custom cockers (pre order, wish/ interest) list.

I think they would sell well at the 200-300 price point for a raw frame with the trigger. I mean people still pay 150 for an e1 and 200 for an e2 in decent shape.

At that price point I think a lot of people would be interested.

Insider
    3. How do you guys feel about keeping this secret (at least on the Internet) until we get closer to a product? I would really like to do a teaser video a month or two before but have videos avaliable the day they start selling showing the manufacturing process, how to put it on your gun, how to adjust it, etc.
    Nah - if we were going to want to be open source, we want people to know about it, drop in feedback and the like. I think a closed community concept like that works if you are a company. Not an open forum.

If YOU want to ghost on here, and then build and sell your own with that concept in mind, more power to ya! PM me for questions.

I feel out and open is the better way to go.

Insider
    I’m up to speed on all the new posts and agree with everything Simon said. I think most everyone was guessing on kick backs, logos and stuff like that. I didn’t realize everyone else was a little unclear on direction and expectations too.

I think the term brain trust is a better term than open source at least for me. When I hear open source it suggests to me that I could log on and download completed files of parts.

With everyone willing to work together, I think logic will dictate direction and what becomes open source and what doesn’t.

Eblade grips aren't made anymore but you can find new ego 5 grips still and they fit as long as you trim the spot where the clapper is.

Insider
    Not much I can do until I get my hands on a frame.
    What kind of frame design changes are there between a slider and a hinge trigger?
    I always like the feel of the slider trigger, but it seems that everyone now likes the hinge(?)

I think hinge triggers are just easier to find in all honesty, and are usually cheaper.

the hinge frames were all the rage back in 2003 or just alittle earlier.. it was easier for some people to use as well with all the electro's starting to come out with double triggers it was a natural move.. Almost all of my mechanical cockers have slide frames. Always felt better to me and when setup were easier for anyone to use and not short stroke as easily.

Insider
    I guess I really didn't consider the double trigger in the equation, makes sense.
    Last edited by Luke; 08-08-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Yeah, slider for mechanical single finger use, pivot with double trigger for fastest electro use.