Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New e frame for autocockers

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    What about redesigning a lower tube kit that doesn't require a sear, yet can still be mechanical?

this is a discussion about a electronic frame. Redesigning the lower tube would be it's own discussion especially trying to keep it mechanical.

Well the idea was to remove the need for a sear so then other already made and designed frames could be used.

Just an option to get around the main issue with designing a cocker frame.

I would love to redesign the lower tube. No sear would be great. But what mechanical valve could we use for this? I have always wanted to change the lower tube myself. Unfortunately I believe the mq valves were poorly designed and could have been much better. I think a mq type valve would be great and the way to go as long as it could be produced fairly cheap. Redesigning the poppet would be first then if changes needed to be made to the solenoid we could take care of that.

I think this would be a great project. I believe this can be done and I know we have the resources here to pull it off.

Lets start by listing the pros and cons of the existing E-frames that are already out there so we can get a better idea of what we would want.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Quote Originally Posted by daveczrn View Post
    I would love to redesign the lower tube. No sear would be great. But what mechanical valve could we use for this? I have always wanted to change the lower tube myself. Unfortunately I believe the mq valves were poorly designed and could have been much better. I think a mq type valve would be great and the way to go as long as it could be produced fairly cheap. Redesigning the poppet would be first then if changes needed to be made to the solenoid we could take care of that.
    I believe they go hand in hand. Not would need to be changed at the same time, IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but after looking at my Eblade to me the biggest drawback about retrofitting the slapper into another frame is just the size of the stock one (protrudes out the sides of the already bulky Eblade frame) and would require alot of effort to fit into smaller and newer frames? So I pulled apart my SLG (only other gun i own with a slapper) it is much smaller and robust seeing that it can be fit in a UL frame. If we did some looking around I think we could find one that meets our specs and would be small enough to easily mount to an existing frame without to much hacking and headscratching or fit into a less bulky newly designed frame.

I think the current draw required by clappers is also prohibitive...

I had forgotten about the SLG-UL actually, though I had roughly measured the solenoid a few years ago lol.

Another thing that I think is a bit of a PITA is dealing with the sear itself. Im no Mech, but the constant loading and unloading would probably require a beefier system than first though to keep it reliable.

You need a honking great solenoid to reliably activate the sear system. That's the problem and the reason the freekick system was designed in the Race Frame.

For those of us that haven't owned a race frame... Care to elaborate?

It's an over center lever system that can be upset by a smaller solenoid force to allow the sear to drop...

Not having a lot of luck finding any good illustrations currently.

You can see the sear lifted up in the top frame in this image

This image shows what the slider concept for the software was.