Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New e frame for autocockers

Looking at it, I am thinking a bell crank activating to pull the trigger plate back, and the normal springs to push it forwards may allow a relatively easy ram placement etc. You could use a stock but slightly modified trigger plate then... Only issue then is fitting in a nice trigger and trigger switch system, oh and routing the air.

You guys have been busy.
    I like the sled idea.

Just out of curiosity how thin can a race frame be compared to more modern frames? I don't have either to look at right now.

That is true. 45 grips are super easy to find.

is this frame going to be a 3d printed frame? Or machined?

Insider
    The sled was just a sketch to cover the concept. You would have to use a bespoke sear, and some distances would have to be adjusted. The stock sear release position would need to be retained to drop the hammer properly, but the sear connection to the grip doesn't need to be that low. The original sear was meant to slide on the bottom of a slider trigger. This wouldn't have that nor need that, we would want a higher sear point to maximize the grip frame to fit the board, battery and solenoid.

The Race frame was able to fit a 45 because the solenoid was tiny, there was no tubing or air in the grip, the board was small and mounted sideways but most of all because the battery was not a 9v, but a bespoke NmH or NiCad (I have some here somewhere.)

A 45 style panel doesn't leave you with much room in the frame. Hence the Eclipse couldn't run normal grips either.

A sled frame could be small, but we would want frame layout that, while 45 in shape might be the preference, wouldn't take standard 45 frame mounting points.

Or else run a battery like the RCR123 like we are. That might leave you room, but it limits the aftermarket boards, like the UTB and maybe the DNA (haven't been reading the thread. I should) that would require at least a 5v source battery.

Or, we could have a clamshell or some other grip cover to take 45 panels. I just find it really tight in there if you put in a 9v.

An angel gripcover and frame though - HUGE room. Lots of options are there for whatever the aftermarket or idea the DIY guy wants to stick in there, far better for open sourced IMO. The big choice is in the options for solenoid valves - some 3-ways are not tiny. A more robust and cheaper solenoid could be sourced then.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 08-03-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Insider
    Could be printed, but the ASA mount would put lots of stress on it, and I think in time it would break with most printed materials.

Soft casting with a harder material might be justifiable.

The sled would fit and work though, until you broke the frame.

Insider
    Raceframes were standard 3/4" wide.

What angel frame were you thinking ? Like a gat or sb fly frame? Those shapes would look good for sure.