Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite high end why?

What is your favorite high end why?

Just curious what your favorite newish high ends are. I'm browsing around for one but the most modern gun I have is an 03 Viking lol.

I'm racking my head for any new gun I can give an opinion on. The only gun I've played with built in the last 10 years is the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I'm racking my head for any new gun I can give an opinion on. The only gun I've played with built in the last 10 years is the enemy.
    Haha that's how I am. I owned a shocker briefly but haven't shot anything made in the last 6 years

Insider
    For me the LV1 easily wears the crown from a technical standpoint.

Ergonomics are great, some might find it a little too spaced out or dislike the AT pipe
    Great shot quality
    Easy on paint
    Excellent efficiency when tuned halfway properly
    almost totally toolless disassembly (because of the AT pipe)

That said I haven't spent much time with the vanquish. I don't particularly care for some of the design decisions in the Insight, and I think the clone is overrated and has several design deficiencies.

I like the Luxe an awful lot, but they are too o-ring reliant to be perfect.

Mine has to be the G6R. For me something that just always works means a lot.

LV1 shoots amazing, for an ego. Not at all what I expected it to feel like, I really enjoyed it.

Haven't tried a Vanquish yet

I'm a Dye fanboy at heart, my DM6 has been my workhorse since I bought it new. Had to replace the bolt in it this year because I've shot it so much the bolt won't seal anymore! But I just can't justify the price of a brand new DM13, especiall when you can buy a year old one for at least half a new one.

G6R is fantastic! It feels a bit better in my hands than the LV1, and the fact I can put a VP scythe in it makes me love it.

LV1 > G6R > Electro Eclipse Cockers(Nexus/DC1/DC2) > Ego10 > EGO7/DM6(pre eye pipe DM)
    Last edited by noclue119; 08-05-2013 at 12:30 AM.

top end is my Zodiak ZR-1. spoolie smoothness, poppit efficiency. fast as anything else and feels great in my hands.

held but did not shoot an LV1. the rubber feels cheap, and maybe its me, but as i held it, the grip and body made me keep it pointed downward. i don't like that. won't go near Empire's new shocker. never shot any of the newer Bob Long guns, but would like to. so who is going to let me shoot a G6R, Vic 2, Vcom or an Insight?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    For me the LV1 easily wears the crown from a technical standpoint.

Ergonomics are great, some might find it a little too spaced out or dislike the AT pipe
    Great shot quality
    Easy on paint
    Excellent efficiency when tuned halfway properly
    almost totally toolless disassembly (because of the AT pipe)

That said I haven't spent much time with the vanquish. I don't particularly care for some of the design decisions in the Insight, and I think the clone is overrated and has several design deficiencies.

I like the Luxe an awful lot, but they are too o-ring reliant to be perfect.
    Care to elaborate?

MY favorite would by my Black Magic. Yea, it's old tech, but it's MQ'd and shoots really really nicely. Slowly gathering parts to make it uniquely mine, though in all honesty, I should've probably saved my pennies and picked up something newer, like a Victory. I've been eyeing those for a while now... or an LV1. (Every time I say that I say it in Jack's voice)

Unfortunately, I haven't had the money to pick up anything more recent than... a Mini? I think that's the newest gun I own lol.

I find this a very difficult question to answer.

The "high end" gun I find myself shooting the most right now is the Evolution Autococker.

After that, if I need electronics, it's one of my Axes with a Redline board system. It's still the best gun on paint out of any I have tested. It is better than the Vanquish on handling brittle paint.

I find myself loving some aspects of the Vanquish, but hating others. I do not like the efficiency or the valve train it uses very much. I like it's ergonomics. I love the OLED size/system. I love it from a working on the gun point of view.

I really want to get chance to play with an LV1, I like the ergonomics, and the concepts it uses. Not a huge fan of the pipe system, but it's not a big deal to me either.

If I was forced to spend more than $1000 on a modern gun it would probably be the LV1. Any less and it would be an Axe. Most likely a Vicious one (very happy with how that turned out). If I had to buy and own just one electronic gun it would likely be the Axe. I am pretty biased, obviously, but I still think it's hard to beat the value for performance. It performs better than many/most $1200+ guns.