Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improving Goblin Cartridges

My Mod 85 spits the cartridges out so hard and fast it's insane. Empties the mag in less than a second and the shells go 20+ yards

It's fun as hell, but not very practical!

That shot gun project is pretty awesome.

What happened to Weltman's version? Last I heard it was with Lapco.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmachinist View Post
    I just picked this up at wal mart. It is a gas thru shell system. It works well and that is why I used the same system in the SR1. The GTS is very consistent shot to shot but now you need a valve and everything that goes with it.This system has been used in airsoft since Daisy first introduced it in the late 80's I think.

The best self contained I have found has been primer based like the Mod 85 or wax bullets. You just can't beat powder to deliver the smallest self contained package.

It is probably the most efficient and smallest form of a kinetic energy system that is made.

I have been doing this for about 40 years or so. I just need to figure out how to do it with paintball and not fall under any firearm laws. I know the Mod 85 does but that is a complex system compared to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo-y3lC5864

Primer based would be nice but with firearm laws the way they are as well as field insurance issues, I don't see that type of system working out. It stinks because it'd be relatively simple to do too.

I bought one of their Model 1873 cowboy gun. These things ran about $700 us. It works fine I just never shot it extensively. It was a lot of work to shoot .22 caliber but that is not why I bought it. I wanted to see how they did it.

I think rap4 did a pretty good job on their little "cup" shells. I have a couple of their 43 caliber MP5-ish guns and they spit them out so fast its hard to realize it.
    The Mod85 is the same way.

Here is a link I posted up a while back on MCB on the air cartridge systems that I got while I was looking for a cartridge that would work with my rifle.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...mad-max-2.html
    I'll have to check out the rap4 ones to see how they work. The MCB thread is awesome, it's a shame not a ton came from it on the self contained shell side.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    My Mod 85 spits the cartridges out so hard and fast it's insane. Empties the mag in less than a second and the shells go 20+ yards

It's fun as hell, but not very practical!
    I'd love to have shells (and for that matter, a mod 85) just for the shear awesome factor. I think I'd be giggling like a little girl the entire time I played with it.

A full auto version would be awesome, but not really necessary. Many fields wouldn't allow it which makes them less cool. I understand the safety issues but you almost need a marker like this to be F/A.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That shot gun project is pretty awesome.

What happened to Weltman's version? Last I heard it was with Lapco.
    I haven't heard anything since there was a post from Extravaganza showing the Lapco version. I'm assuming it's still being made but no idea on the release date.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

If someone would draw-up the shotgun I would make a few. I would like to see the valve system and 12 gram in the frame. Nothing under the barrels. We could do it with shells or with out. I think modified brass shot shells would kick butt. We just need to put the valve and 12 gram and hammer in the grip. It needs to look like the mad maxx shotgun.

If the wood was drawn up we could machine that too.

We would need a really good drawing in solidworks or a program like that.

Also I think I have a couple Mod 85's. I also have the original loading equipment for the shells. I'll look around for it if your interested.

Supports Inception Designs
    I'll see if I can find some time between all the other projects to draw something up. I think a modified Sheridan style valve would be the best. Otherwise something like the DSP would be pretty sweet.

I honestly doubt I'd ever find enough cash to pay fair value for a Mod85 and loading stuff. They're incredibly cool though. If I was a worse person I'd never send Neftaly his.

If someone would draw-up the shotgun I would make a few. I would like to see the valve system and 12 gram in the frame. Nothing under the barrels. We could do it with shells or with out. I think modified brass shot shells would kick butt. We just need to put the valve and 12 gram and hammer in the grip. It needs to look like the mad maxx shotgun.

If the wood was drawn up we could machine that too.

We would need a really good drawing in solidworks or a program like that.

Also I think I have a couple Mod 85's. I also have the original loading equipment for the shells. I'll look around for it if your interested.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.