Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOD85 Update/TPX Mac-10

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by HipboyScott View Post
    I would love to see how a softmold part works with the TiPX internals compared to the ABS. It would make it a VERY easy way to produce limited special-edition TiPXs. I also wonder about using PLA prints as a direct plug for investment casting of aluminum. Check out this page for the inspiration: http://3dtopo.com/lostPLA/

Tho, for relatively little I can upgrade my printer to a heated build plate and just 3D print direct to ABS which would probably hold up reasonably well on its own.
    Huh. Interesting. I would think that the softmold would hold up pretty well, since it wouldn't be taking any of the pressure (besides the bolt return spring force) in the TPX.

The PLA prints for investment casting is really cool. Aluminium shells would be really awesome and after the initial print I think the price would be pretty decent.

I'm going to talk to Necro from SAS woodsball about what he thinks of the idea and what could be changed since he has his thumb on the MILSIM crowd more than I do, plus we only live a few miles apart and I haven't seen him for a while.

Apart from the dimensions on the Stark Website (and using the existing magwell dimensions to sort of reverse engineer the Zetamag outer profile) is there anything you could provide to aide me in this endeavour? I can sign nondisclosure agreements or whatever too, but PM me if you'd want to go that route.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Depending on what you need I can provide.

I know I have my sights on various SMG upgrades, kits... Whatever you want to call them. So it's something I'm investing time into on order to see what makes sense and what doesn't. Because i want to see more put there than just modifoed airspft shells like the Sarge kit.

That said, I don't mind helping people down the right path, and getting more mods out there and there are things in the works that will be happening very soon to help make that easier for everyone: but for now if you know what you need, I can see what I can dig up.

Insider
    There has been a bunch of MAC-10 CAD in the last few DEFCAD Megapacks if it helps.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by HipboyScott View Post
    Depending on what you need I can provide.

I know I have my sights on various SMG upgrades, kits... Whatever you want to call them. So it's something I'm investing time into on order to see what makes sense and what doesn't. Because i want to see more put there than just modifoed airspft shells like the Sarge kit.

That said, I don't mind helping people down the right path, and getting more mods out there and there are things in the works that will be happening very soon to help make that easier for everyone: but for now if you know what you need, I can see what I can dig up.
    I'll let you know. I figure either you guys or Simon would be good to get the kits out, or even spread the design around open source. I know I wouldn't have enough money to have them made, too spread out as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
    There has been a bunch of MAC-10 CAD in the last few DEFCAD Megapacks if it helps.
    I'll have to take a look and see what they have. I figure I don't have to copy a Mac-10 directly, the mod85 would be good enough honestly.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.