Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I acquired some wireless modules.

Supports Inception Designs

I acquired some wireless modules.

Cute little thingies. I plan to get some bluetooth ones next, but these are generic and very compact (about 2cm square) plus with a decent antenna they have 200m+ ranges which.. is kinda cool.

I was planning to use it as a wireless hopper control for myself with my DNA board. Anyone else interested in that? Or anything else you wish you could do with wireless? I was trying to imagine a use where yo beam telemetry back to a laptop but can't think of anything you wouldn't just store on board.

... Is there room to store telemetry on-board?

sure, a little. if you have an OLED board then loads. I put an oversized EEPROM on there as a library buffer, can use it to store plenty of data, like 64k of it

i would love for a bluetooth link to my phone to change settings

Yeah. The bummer about that is it requires a front end on the phone as well.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

my phone has bluetooth...

What's your point? You still have to write another program (and if retail, generalize it across several android and iOS platforms) to get the bluetooth to say meaningful things to the board.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

yeah, but that shouldn't be a super-huge deal. If there is enough call for it I'll do it, would be a great way to learn the platform

i love how every one is saying "but that will take work" and curt says "but i'll learn stuff doing it"

hahahahaha

i love this guy

I would love bluetooth pairing for sending updates, changing settings, or retrieving on board data. Esp with the new trend of pressure readouts and such. It would be handy to pull the data off and look at it and go, "Ok my recharge rate gets bad when its really hot out and thats why my gun was shooting like crap at the end of the day" kinda thing...Or to quickly reprogram and fine tune a whole teams set of guns....