Thread: The "Uberloader"...

The "Uberloader"...

So on the long lost drive that was kept on AO for me to store pictures were these...

This is the 'Uberloader'. These images are from my designs in the late 1990's. I had prototypes of this with me at Skyball 2000. I have full working prototypes of this somewhere. This actually had the drive motor inside the drive paddle system (just like another recent loader).

It's on a PGP because believe it or not that is the only gun I had CAD modelled at the time I was designing this loader...

The top section could be swapped out for different sizes, and to change direction of the body top section. The whole drive was in the bottom section. The drive outfeed could also quickly and easily be swapped from one side to the other for left or right handed players. It fed from a tube to the gun.

It ran on a rechargeable battery pack.

This is the concept seen in my early force feed loader patents http://www.google.com/patents/US6109252

Insider
    Awesome! Did you have the sensors worked out too?

That was the first time a breech sensor was ever used to see if a paintball was in the breech Originally I did it with a micro switch.

Later on I also used force feedback via the increase in current to help control the loader.

Supports Inception Designs
    Sweet. Seems overkill on a PG though.

Would love to see a loader with multiple shells for 50, 100,150 and 200 round sizes.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Lol, yeah. It was never intended for use on the PGP, it's just that's the gun I had CAD modelled at the time.

That's an Armageddon reg on there, which was HOT stuff at the time. These CAD files are around 15 years old... that's more than many players now have been living!

I'm glad I came upon that folder while snooping around.

I still have an Armageddon reg I've been meaning to have rebuilt.

This whole thing is eerily similar to something I'd hatched about 8 years ago, based on your other works. I still might whip up a one-off/prototype if I can ever lay my hands on a truly spare gun.