Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need opinion: what's in a name? An app by any other name would crash as well..

Genome
    Miescher(the guy that first isolated DNA)
    Watson-Crick(co-founders of the double helix)
    primordial

though, i personally don't care for splice, and if i had to choose one(not of my own), it would be mutagen.

Abiogenesis (the natural process by which life arises)

Insider
    Polymerase? Yaaay that's all I have to show for years of work as a Molecular Biosciences undergrad, I'm helping

Splice or Mutagen IMO. Splice is a great name, but mutagen I guess is more correct?

Usually wanna follow the KISS method with naming too... People like short sweet names.

I had what I thought was a nice name but I lost it while writing that last sentence -.-

Insider
    Mutagens would randomly modify DNA (through DNA collation, base dimerizaton, or other methods.)

Splicing refers to modifying genetic material through the addition of new strands, and can be a rational process. A host of methods can be used to do this. Following that naming convention, you could use:

Plasmid (generally used for bacterial transfection)
    Retrovirus/ reverse transcriptase (but the HIV connotation sucks, though viral transduction is the current state of the art in genetic engineering in vivo)
    Ligase would be the enzyme that actually joins strands, polymerase synthesizes then (and therefore by analogy should be a coding suite rather than a loader.

I suppose you could go obscure and call it ZincFinger, which might be able to edit DNA once computational design gets going.

/returns to using biochem eng minor for nothing

Supports Inception Designs
    Supports Inception Designs
    so I've changed it to splice, and I gotta say its pretty cool to type "make splice" to upload the code. pure win.

StemCell ?
    virus ?

I'll just shut up about things I know nothing of now