Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Simon, I just picked up my Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    Forget stirring the pot, I threw a 'nade in that sum beoctch'

heeheee

Gotta admit. I want to shoot that.

personally, i can't shoot a hinge for shit. never had a tuned one, but it just feels right with a slider frame.

Forget stirring the pot, I threw a 'nade in that sum beoctch'

heeheee

Love it!

I have a hinge on my Evolution, and a Slider on my Kapp Flame and Resurrection. I like them all for different reasons, but for that old school feel it has to be a slider for me

I have an idea. If you can design the hinge I'll print one for testing. Just would have to make it like WGP made the plastic frames back in the day and have metal inserts for bolts to hold the ASA on.

I will admit Simon you guys made it almost too easy to e-frame that sucker. One hole for the back frame screw in the body and one recessed pocket hole in the front frame hole and bam it works like a dream...

I will admit Simon you guys made it almost too easy to e-frame that sucker. One hole for the back frame screw in the body and one recessed pocket hole in the front frame hole and bam it works like a dream...
    And the ball detent covers are just begging to hide some eyes behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Engineer View Post
    And the ball detent covers are just begging to hide some eyes behind them.
    That was the original plan and the reason they are that way.

The valve spring is really stiff. I replaced mine and got 25 FPS more with no other changes.

since we have an open discussion going on about these, i picked up one a few weeks ago, its everything i was hoping it would be

though there is one issue im having with it, i dont feel that the slot on the hammer is cut back far enough

it was always taught to me by "the gospel of setting up a cocker", that with no gas on it, and the hammer in the cocked position, there should only be a fingernails worth of bolt showing when you pull back the backblock and look down the feedneck

the bolt on my resurrection is blocking about 1/2 of the feedneck (and there is nothing to adjust that will fix this), not enough to even allow a paintball to drop in.. which also means i have to crank the LPR up higher to get the gun to cycle because its fighting the main spring

also i notice i chop balls occasionally when using a gravity fed loader, and i do feel these 2 items are related, sure i could just be letting the trigger go too fast between shots, but i suspect its because its using the main spring pressure of the hammer to assist the first half of the bolts travel, which, if there is a ball in the way.. its gonna get smashed.. because theres more than just air pressure driving it at this point

i know you (simon) were offering a service to the people that had bought the empire sniper that would optimise the pump stroke for feeding paint more efficiently, would you consider doing something like that for the resurrection as well?

or would i be better off finding a competent machinist, and asking them to mill the channel about 1/8th of an inch longer with an endmill?

Tracker

I found myself outshooting my Reloader 2, but running just fine with my Prophecy. I think you're probably right in that the stroke is as short as it can be, so there's little time for gravity to drop a ball. Gravity and agitating hoppers are going to have that issue, while a forcefeed hopper will not. It's not that I'm that fast on a trigger - I'm WAY out of practice with mechanical triggers going fast. Pump, sure, mech semi, not as much until the Resurrection.

Who would have thought we'd have mechanical guns that really almost NEED forcefeed hoppers to get the best performance out of them?