Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Simon, I just picked up my Resurrection

im not THAT out of practice on a mechanical, slide trigger cocker, i ran an 09 SFL all sunday at decay last year (with the same revvy) and i never broke a ball.. im curious to see what would happen when i get the channel cut deeper on the hammer and if that would resolve the whole problem

Tracker

Ying is the one that is modifying the Sniper. Any custom Sniper or Resurrection bodies I do will have the slot cut longer if you want to mod them this way, but you also need to cut the hammer slot longer.

oh.. thought it was you for some reason.. sorry

my focus is totally on the hammer slot, the slot in the body is fine

would you have the time to cut it? or are you busy making other things? (figure its your design, you would know best how to fix it)

if all it needs it the hammer slot lengthened, i have no problems finding a machinist to handle that, its not like its a difficult cut

Tracker

I would need to check if the body slot on the Resurrection is long enough already so you can just cut the hammer slot longer.

I suspect you may need to do both like with the Sniper.

I am not set up to do the hammers at this time. I am not set up to do the body slots either yet but will be when I start doing the custom Sniper and Resurrection bodies.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I would need to check if the body slot on the Resurrection is long enough already so you can just cut the hammer slot longer.

I suspect you may need to do both like with the Sniper.

Interesting. I've now modded two snipers with just dremeling the hammer slot longer and both work just fine. There's about 1mm of movement left after the gun cocks. You could get about 2mm more if you shortened the main pump guide/rod. Have I just been lucky with the bodies I've modded?

Probably not, I need to check them against each other, I know when Ying was doing it he chose to mod the hammers too to get the exact results he was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    though there is one issue im having with it, i dont feel that the slot on the hammer is cut back far enough

it was always taught to me by "the gospel of setting up a cocker", that with no gas on it, and the hammer in the cocked position, there should only be a fingernails worth of bolt showing when you pull back the backblock and look down the feedneck

the bolt on my resurrection is blocking about 1/2 of the feedneck (and there is nothing to adjust that will fix this), not enough to even allow a paintball to drop in.. which also means i have to crank the LPR up higher to get the gun to cycle because its fighting the main spring

also i notice i chop balls occasionally when using a gravity fed loader, and i do feel these 2 items are related, sure i could just be letting the trigger go too fast between shots, but i suspect its because its using the main spring pressure of the hammer to assist the first half of the bolts travel, which, if there is a ball in the way.. its gonna get smashed.. because theres more than just air pressure driving it at this point

i know you (simon) were offering a service to the people that had bought the empire sniper that would optimise the pump stroke for feeding paint more efficiently, would you consider doing something like that for the resurrection as well?

or would i be better off finding a competent machinist, and asking them to mill the channel about 1/8th of an inch longer with an endmill?

Tracker
    Hi Tracker, IMO What you described isn't really a big deal. I've seen mech cockers set up both ways. I had a Boxxer body that was like the resurrection. All I did was to turn up the LPR slightly and it over comes the issues of cocking 1/2 way. It is only an issue when you use pump because a lot of people feel for the click and starts going forward. That is why I offer the service for the sniper. I recommend people to not mod the resurrection because the LPR is doing the cocking for you and the money you spend doesn't gain you a whole lot.

With that said, I am a firm believer that people care most about efficiency on mechs and smoothness on pumps.

Here are the details for the sniper, the valve springs I used for the sniper was:
    Jones Spring Co's C10-032-040
    This allows me to run the IVG flush at 210 PSI input pressure. I lose a bit of efficiency but the overall gun is much smoother. Keep in mind because the IVG is flush, if you have to lower the velocity it is done via the reg. Thus you are going to lose more efficiency in the process. But the smoothness is very nice.

What I remove when I mod the snipers:
    Pump guide rod: .125 of an inch
    body and hammer: .15 of an inch

Again I don't recommend this spring for the resurrection because I feel like the gun is pretty well balanced(efficiency vs smoothness) for most shooting conditions(specially the cold). Any softer spring and you lose too much efficiency for people looking to play woodsball.
    Last edited by noclue119; 10-22-2013 at 03:35 PM.

So are there holes predrilled for eyes? What was the plan for eyes Simon? different covers or would thee wires be hidden some How?

There are no eye holes. The plan was to be able to swap out with other eye covers that allowed channels for the eyes wires and kept everything in place.

Any chance that you will make some EyeCovers?