Thread: Amazing software for 3d Modeling

Supports Inception Designs

Amazing software for 3d Modeling

Single photo -> 3D model. Would be ridiculous combined with a 3d printer and high resolution photos to capture minute detail.

Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Siggraph FTW.. One of my CS classes at GT, we mimiced their environment mapping algorithm by taking 2 pictures with a sphere ball back in 2002.

One of the most fun classes I've ever taken.
    Last edited by noclue119; 09-09-2013 at 10:52 PM.

It is an impressive video that's for sure. I wonder what the resulting files are like. Polygons I am sure.

looks more useful for image processing ... or video processing .... not so much for engineering applications.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Holy shizznitz! Pretty soon, NOTHING will be real.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    looks more useful for image processing ... or video processing .... not so much for engineering applications.
    Looks like it would be very useful for retrofit work in a congested area. Pipe routing in an existing facility for example.

Videogames? Yes this is going to be sick.

For design, I could see making a nice sketch, taking this to help model it in rough, then have a sort of 'pattern' to go after with a refined model in a NURBS or solid-modelling package.

Quote Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
    Looks like it would be very useful for retrofit work in a congested area. Pipe routing in an existing facility for example.
    great idea
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
    Siggraph FTW..
    Siggraph is the shit! I was locked into the studio all week long in '09 @ New Orleans helping with the 3d printers/scanners and helping people make things to print on them. Lots of cool stuff there. My professor at PSU, Rebecca Strezelec was the conference chair in 2012. If anyone is still in college and wants an amazing experience attend or better yet sign up to be a volunteer next year.

Back to the topic on hand Tho I can see this being handy for quickily duplicating and editing stuff in a digital environment but I doubt it will be very useful for production or even prototyping. Too many gaps and naked edges possible....