Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reddit is wondering what you're doing...

Reddit is wondering what you're doing...

"Apparently he showed off the "Simonizer" at the recent EMR game."

That is by far the best comment in that thread haha

Is it just me, or does "The Simonizer" sounds like an adult movie title? So was this an advanced screening at EMR? lol

this just in, totally pneumatic blenders that you can hook up a PB air tank to and mix drinks at the field. its an untapped market and soon i will be leaving this forum because i really let the cat out of the bag with Simon's secret.

Insider
    And that explains how I got here. :P

I am from Reddit. I can confirm we are curious as to what the hell Simon is doing.

Ran across this on Reddit today, seems relevant to an open source community. Perhaps why open source is so hard to get off the ground?

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I disagree with that. There are decades of proof that open source works and is not hard at all to get started. The idea as a whole took some time to reach critical mass, but it's a mainstay of technology these days. Hell, the two most successful mobile platforms right now (Android and iOS) are both based on a significant amount of open source software.

Quote Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
    I disagree with that. There are decades of proof that open source works and is not hard at all to get started. The idea as a whole took some time to reach critical mass, but it's a mainstay of technology these days. Hell, the two most successful mobile platforms right now (Android and iOS) are both based on a significant amount of open source software.
    However, they were no longer open source by the time they were widely adopted by the market. Sure you can root an android, but most people don't.

To be clear, open source is a great way to get new ideas off the ground; it's not a great way to bring things to the market or make a living. People want product support, and you can't open source that - so you have to have something that sets your product apart and hopefully above other options to attract customers and create enough revenue to implement product support. But you can't do that if you make all your IP open for anyone to use.

If Ryan went around telling people how to improve their valves, he would "open source" his way right out of the market.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 06-14-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon