Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: DNA field testing... Want to be part of it? This is the place to discuss it!

Thought I'd post this over here.

Quote Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
    So it took me a while to finally get some time to test out the DNA board I had.
    Bought a spare E1 frame + board.
    Read the setup instructions for about 2 hrs.
    Loaded the parameters on to the board
    Consulted with the wife(who is an MSEE) for wiring instructions.

hehe I posted on the development log thread

I got it the to run full auto at decent speeds without needing the capacitors from the E1 board. I used the capacitors and mircoswitch from an Ion board.

Next steps:
    I am going to find something for the molex connector so I don't have to cut the wires for the pancake solenoid and cocking solenoid.
    I also plan on getting a small breadboard for mounting the microswitch. Also planning on using that breadboard to branch off the positive lead for the pancake and cocking solenoid.

I can make DNA harnesses. They are the same as old ICD harnesses. Hit me with a PM so we can discuss your needs for the harness.

DNA Board partially in a Eclipse E1 Frame + MQ2 + S6.5 for testing

DNA all tucked in the E-blade. Sorry for the bad lighting.

In the E-Blade

One of the things I've noticed about the board setting is that all your dwells are in full ms increments. It would be great if you can make it .1ms increments to help fine tune makers like the MQ2 and G6R

Thanks
    Ying
    Last edited by noclue119; 10-04-2014 at 05:52 PM.

So after getting it to work in my orracle I think there is an issue with the ramping mode

Here is how I understand what PSP ramping should do:
    Your first 3 trigger pulls is always in semi(you currently have first X shots and in what mode) shooting within set ROF(10.5/12.5).
    After that as long as you pull the trigger 1 time in 1/3 of a second it will fire 3 balls at the set ROF(10.5/12.5).
    Once you stop for more than 1 second between pulls, you need that 3 shots in semi before getting the 3 balls per pull ramping profile.

Here is what I have set and I think I have it but sometimes the board almost feels like it "lags" and can't sustain the 12.5 bps

Can you make a video with the noid clicking? It'll be easier to understand what's exactly going on. You could also goldwave the audio to see what kind of lag there is.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    Can you make a video with the noid clicking? It'll be easier to understand what's exactly going on. You could also goldwave the audio to see what kind of lag there is.
    Yes but I won't get to it until sometime next week.

Supports Inception Designs
    Supports Inception Designs
    .1 ms dwell fidelity? I.. guess.. but are there really solenoids that respond to that level of control? That is not a simple thing to jackhammer in at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    .1 ms dwell fidelity? I.. guess.. but are there really solenoids that respond to that level of control? That is not a simple thing to jackhammer in at this point.
    MQ's would definitely benefit over that level of control.