Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtue clock, Can we stream the data?

Virtue clock, Can we stream the data?

Has anyone looked into the Virtue clock for a wired or wireless connection that could stream the data to maybe a csv? Does it have a USB or other service port for the board that could be used to get a data stream from?

Insider
    there are no external ports on mine, the case says there is a spot for "future RF upgrade". Not sure if thats what your looking for or not.

According to ANS's description- The Clock will work with future wireless RF upgrades that will allow you to transmit all of the data to a remote computer, allowing you to shoot an entire hopper or more over the Clock to see what your true high-speed performance is. Now players will be able to monitor and test how well their gun performs at sustained high rates of fire.
    Last edited by jelvas; 10-15-2013 at 09:41 PM.

What is the story on the Virtue Clock Chrono? Did the company go out of business as it seem to getting harder to find them?

Insider
    I called Virtue, they said it is in use at some psp events but not available to the public. they also could not give me a date when it would be available. He also said there is an internal port but I would need to write programming to use it.
    Last edited by jelvas; 10-17-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Insider
    Can you please take a few detailed photos of the board?

Insider
    I tried to put them on the page from photobucket but kept getting an invalid error

Insider
    http://inceptionforums.com/attachmen...tachmentid=602
    That's an empty 4-pin connector sitting above the (hollow) grip itself? You can probably connect a USB to 3.3v TTL converter like http://www.ebay.com/itm/390565563549 then just dump the output to a serial console. Do you have a multimeter? Or even a red LED or something?

Insider
    I can grab a multimeter tomorrow. I must say electronics are my weak point though. And yes,that is the empty connector right above the empty spot in the grip.

Insider
    Cool, two of those pins will be for power (negative/ground and positive), I'm guessing pins 1 and 4.
    Of the other two pins, one will be a data out line and the other will either be data in or a clock calibration line.
    See which pins you get +3.3v on.

If you have a LED (the multimeter will probably be too slow) you might be able to connect it to the ground and the data out line and see it flash very briefly when a shot is registered.