Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One of my cars rolled over 200,000 miles today!

Insider

One of my cars rolled over 200,000 miles today!

So on the way to work this morning one of my cars, an '04 E39 BMW 530d wagon rolled over 200,000 miles.

I've only had the car a couple of months, its main previous owner being the Yorkshire Police force, but it's run sweet since I've had it. It's returning about 34-35mpg (UK, we have a different sized gallon. It's bigger than yours ) and hasn't put a foot wrong.

Now I know the US is a much bigger place and you guys regularly do huge miles just to get to any place, but I was wondering who had the highest mile car here and how many of those miles did you put on it.

Jack

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm sitting at 119k in a 2004 Hyundai. I'd love to see it hit 200,000 one day, but my wife is convinced it won't make it. She may be right - while the drive components all seem to be working fine, the plastic bits of the interior are literally falling off each day. If I make it to 200,000 miles, I may just be driving a frame.

Congrats to you, Jack! I love to see a car last long after its payments. By the way, my daily commute - staying in the same city - is about 50 miles each day.

Supports Inception Designs
    Just hit 200K in my '96 Honda Civic. Bought it from my Aunt and Uncle 3 or 4 years ago now. Probably put 40-50k on it since then. Still get about 35 mpg (US) highway which works out for me.

Nice looking car too Jack.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

1978 Ford 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive. 500+ till someone stole her!
    Started Playing Paintball in 1986'
    Owner of Instien's Paintball Supply. H'ville Mo.
    J4 Torque Dealer, Deadlywind Also Valken, GI sports

My jeep is at 230k.

Last year my boss and good friend approached Toyota about a major flaw in their cars... The odometer stops at 299,999.9

The dealership was shocked that someone actually hit the milage and so far no one has ever came in with that milage. He bought the car brand new in 04 and has only ever changed the oil brakes and tires. Still drives it every day and has put about 20-30k more on it

bought my 97 Ford F150 4.2V6 auto with little more than 68,000 on it. took it to 140,000 till the motor developed an internal oil leak. found a 97 F250 with a 4.6V8 and stick shift and did a total driveline swap. put another 40,000 on it, but since put it away as i'm trying to save a bit of cash(the gearing and lead foot, gets me 12-13mpg, but its fun) and have to chase some ignition and electrical demons that cropped up.

Nobody. Where r u located again? I was a mechanic before my body forced me out.

my first car, a saturn SL1, i drove to 190,000 miles.

my 951 has 136,000, and my mr2 has about 26,000
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

We had 280k on our Chysler Town & Country van when the motor finally gave out. Replaced it with another a couple years newer, which now has 170k on it. We routinely go well over a quarter million on our cars unless something tragically fatal happens either mechanically or electrically. I have little idea how to fix electrical gremlins, but I can repair just about anything else on a car.

Jack, wouldn't your BMW there correctly be an "estate car" in proper British-English?

Electric gremlins are my forte