Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One of my cars rolled over 200,000 miles today!

Wayne
    My dad bought a 1984 SAAB 900 Turbo new around the same time I was born. When I got it it had 214k on it. I drove it all over north Utah to hockey practice for about a year til I found a del Sol VTEC that I had wanted for a long time.

Supports Inception Designs
    Digging up an older thread :-)

My current ride is a '05 Jeep Grand Cherokee...has 210k on it at the moment...I got it in '08 with 60k on it so what's that...30k a year? It's also go my Husky tool chest mounted in the back of it that has all my paintball gear and parts in it for when I go to the field on the weekend.

It has a coolant leak on the front of the motor right now but it's such a small leak that I just fill up the reservoir every couple months and call it good. other than that, on my 2nd set of tires and brakes...wish i could find my photo of it right now :-\

Supports Inception Designs
    found an ok pic by accident today, heh.

Insider
    Sigh.

I was hoping my GTI would last "till I drove it into the ground" but didn't think it'd happen at only 115k miles... After the winter debacle with the cam/fuel pump... last month the "tone wheel" on the crank failed... so the position sensor can't read it, and I'm basically limited to 2400 rpm without the ECU flipping out.

Borderline drivable around town, but 2400 rpm in 6th gear is barely 65 mph... Donating it or (lol) trading it in come December.

Undecided on replacement, but probably a cheap GM product to get by until I can start earning more.

04 xterra with 160k
    I put 100k on it in 2 years

My Aveo turned 60k on my way to work this morning. Mysteriously, the check engine light came on just after fueling today, too. Not happy about that, hoping I just didn't put the gas cap back on quite tight enough.

That or bad fuel, we have one gas station near my house that I refuse to go to because 3 family members (me, my brother in law and farther in law) have all gotten water in the gas from there....

98 S10. Had 156k when I got it.

endeavor to persevere.......

Check engine light resolved. Still not sure if it was the gas cap or bad gas, but not going to risk it at that station again. I've heard some stories from other people about water in their gas.

110K on my 06 GMC sierra (crew cab/ short bed - 4x4). I run the poor thing ragged and put an semi-aggressive cam in it at ~95K with new valve springs and push rods. Fast ramp rate to increase torque will kill the valve train faster, but it just gives me the excuse to drop a LS2 or LQ4 in it with a 4L80E transmission. Of course, I'll put a cam and other stuff on that as well, but I like the increased power in a redneck truck.