Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT Dfender

BT Dfender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MG6WNDiS36A

This looks an awful lot like your early hopper designs Simon. Was this the marker you were looking forward to them releasing?

priced themselves out of a BT marker market I believe

I really like this design. I think there's a good chance that it could steal away all of the DAM market - give or take those using a lot of First Strike rounds.

Wayne
    Great concept, but I think they priced themselves too high. The DAM has a much smaller scale of appear IMO and I could see this selling in volume if it were priced in the volume sales range.

Love the design, but agree that it's priced too high, even taking the Freak kit into account - $999 and they'd have nailed it, but I guess magnesium isn't cheap?

I'm really interested to see how it shoulders when wearing a mask, as I usually hate milsim markers with back bottles. I like the way it breaks down too, although I'm not sure what happens if you get a ballbreak inside the loader - stripping the feed channel and engine looks easy enough, but how do you get to the guts of the loader....and will it still suffer from paint ingress underneath the feed tray like the Z2?

I think...

I think there's some things they missed. The fact that it has NO option for first-strike means it cannot compete with the DAM directly by really any decent comparison. I think I've found anyone seriously using a DAM are shooting first-strike; if I was only shooting paint there are much better guns than the DAM in terms of performance and value. The DAM is essentially a super-versatile version of the SR-12 with full-auto.

I dunno. It doesn't do anything for me, but it's kindof a cool thing that some people will be interested in.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'll take an Apex over First Strikes. FS rounds are not a favorite in our house, since one of the kids has a perma-dent in his head from a hit from one at Living Legends a few years ago. For what a single FS round costs, you can shoot 20 standard balls, and the Apex gives that range capability. So, to me, the only thing the DAM has that the Dfender doesn't is mag feed, which isn't a big deal to me. I'd rather have the integrated hopper than magazines. But, that's me.

Insider
    The effective range of first strikes is a lot better though. Scary about the head dent

IMO, there is no reason to get this over a DAM if this is your sort of thing. The loader in the stock is cool, but there are a lot of milsim players who dont like them. Unless there is some sort of First Strike option coming, I wouldn't see the justification of the DFender over a DAM
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    The effective range of first strikes is a lot better though.
    It's that much better than an Apex?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon