Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception barrel?

Insider
    Simon, I'm curious about the internal porting - did you empirically or analytically tune that volume/neck as an absorber? Certain acoustic metamaterials are very similar in execution, but I didn't know if it was a controlled gas release thing, or an effort to dampen a particular frequency by throwing a resonator in (much like high end car exhausts do).

I am functionally an acoustic engineer at my day job, we can discuss the potential of your system offline if you like. Just thought of this due to a discussion with UV_HALO and was wondering if you had thoughts.

I would love to discuss it more off line. In the case of the Stella it was more an incremental development and a lot of parts and a lot of $$$ in prototyping. I have tested many sound related designs since I did the TM15 and some things work, and some things didn't.

Sometimes the perception is not the DB of the sound but in the type of sound also. The more I study people's perceptions the more I wish I had studied Psychology after I finished my Engineering degree

Insider
    Ah, yes, we'll chat then.

Psychoacoustics is actually a topic I'm frequently involved with for my day job.

Is there a time frame on the cf front? Will it be ready in the next few months or by the end of the year? I'm mainly wondering because my current barrel isnt working out so well with paint, I've resorted to just using my shaft 4 barrel which works but I would rather have a set that matches my anno. Thanks again.

I got my stella. Now to wait out Nicad and his front
    Automags.org - Home of the mild mannered, helpful automag people.

Still trying to find somewhere to buy a Stella.
    I see dealers listed but I do not seem them in stock with those dealers.

EDIT: OK I see they are in stock on inceptiondesigns.com I am having a problem adding a .680 dust to my order for some reason.
    Last edited by FLounder; 03-08-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLounder View Post
    EDIT: OK I see they are in stock on inceptiondesigns.com I am having a problem adding a .680 dust to my order for some reason.
    Because they are out of stock

That would make sense. I did not see anything telling me that when I tried to add them. Any dates for a return to stock?

I hope to have more in about a week, but I will be in Dallas so probably 10 days until they are available.

Simon, will you have a booth in Dallas? I'd like to meet you.