Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception barrel?

Awesome. I will see you there then.

I might pick up a Stella from you to try out.

Got to finally put some air through the Mini GS and try out my .685/.689 inception barrel. I have to say I am thoroughly impressed! I was setting up the gun for the first time and my cousin was shooting his Freaked Mini at the chrony - he fired 257FPS. I fired the GS with Stella off to the side and we both stated my velocity was low - dropped several shots over the chrony - every one of them was over 270. The sound signature on the GS sounded like someone snapping their fingers from across the field was the description I was given from players on the receiving end.

Styg

This took a LOT longer to get set up than I'd hoped.
    Last edited by Pump Scout; 04-07-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Looks good

Issues though...
    -fronts had a hard time entering the backs? (more so on my 0.680)
    -my 0.680 back had a hard time threading down to the bottom unless I added a bit more elbow grease and literal grease/lube
    -14" arrow head tip doesn't thread fully down (I'm not sure if it's suppose to)
    -back and front are not exactly mirror finished (like on most barrels I've owned), should I throw hot water on them and squeegee it?

Other than that it looks great, can't wait to shoot them. Also it accepted my hammer 7 tip

The parts are designed to be a close fit when they go together to keep the best alignment. Sometimes the matte finish makes them a little stiff when they first go together. There are also tolerances etc. as Long as they are together you should be ok. If not I will always take care of you and fix it.

There is an o-ring fit between the parts to make them tight and stay together well. Is it the o-ring that is causing it to be tight? You can grease that o-ring or reduce it in size. The o-ring there is supposed to be a 019. The front of the barrel uses a 018 to the tip and I have seen one other part with an 019 on the back which was very tight. Try removing it and see if it screws together better. I can send you out some spare o-rings if that is the case and you don't have any available.

The 14" tip aligns on a little chamfer inside the front and has a small overhang once it is screwed on. That is normal.

Sometimes there is some fine residue left in the barrel after anodizing black. By all means run some cleaner and a swab down it. We are working with our anodizing company to get the best finish possible inside the barrels.

Remember those old Flex-Hone kits? I'm thinking of making something along those lines, but not to be cutting, just polishing. A little toothpaste, a fluffy stick, and a drill...

The matte finish always leaves a lower level of shine on the surfaces and we are working out a way to prevent that if possible. It doesn't appear to affect performance in any way but it doesn't look as visually appealing as glossy.

If you wanted the ultimate inside finish, buying raw pieces, polishing them to your hearts content, and then having them gloss anodized would give you the most mirror like finish possible.

My front didn't even have an o-ring on it, I was wondering what the purpose of that groove up there was for - Tip goes on, stays on, so I guess you don't really need the o-ring.

Had few barrel breaks over the weekend - guess I will be picking up a few different backs at LL7

Styg