Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception barrel?

My barrel bag design is going to have keep changing if you keep coming up with additional parts for this kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    I'll never touch another Freak based system after having the Resurrection kit, and now this.
    Funny you mentioned this... I have not even put a pod if any balls at all through those ss inserts ever since I got them lol

I was previously using a sniper barrel kit for my electro along with an etek4 shaft 4. Hopefully I will sell my sniper barrel kit tomorrow.

And there is also ion threads I need to worry about too... The problem with owning so many markers lol. The only freak barrel I even have now is one for my enmey

Simon,
    would it be possible to get the rough dimensions of the apex adapter you are working on? I am working on my barrel bag for this kit and want to include that in there.

Thanks

I would guess he is doing a purpose built front, not just the threaded tip? Would be sturdier, and not twist off when you are trying to adjust the angle on the apex? Just a guess though.

Based on my purchasing experience Congrats on an excellent product Simon, seems the shops are selling through their stock rather quickly.

Out of curiosity - roughly how many bits and pieces were produced in the first run of these that went to dealers?

Quote Originally Posted by FLounder View Post
    Simon,
    would it be possible to get the rough dimensions of the apex adapter you are working on? I am working on my barrel bag for this kit and want to include that in there.

Thanks
    The adaptor piece is .98" in diameter at the widest point and 3.28" long. It is a lot more involved and supporting for the Apex 2 than other end options I have seen.

Obviously once the Apex is installed it takes on the dimensions of the Apex.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygshore View Post
    I would guess he is doing a purpose built front, not just the threaded tip? Would be sturdier, and not twist off when you are trying to adjust the angle on the apex? Just a guess though.

Based on my purchasing experience Congrats on an excellent product Simon, seems the shops are selling through their stock rather quickly.

Out of curiosity - roughly how many bits and pieces were produced in the first run of these that went to dealers?
    The main part of the concept of the threaded end is to avoid having to make full fronts for different choices in length and functionality. If you wanted to have three bores and to have them all available for the Apex end it would cost you an extra $34.95 X 3 = $104.85 instead of the $19.95 for the one adaptor to go on the end... The threaded end with the retention o-ring locks on the tips very securely.

I am trying to give affordable options for the system and hence the threaded end on the fronts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When will this be available Simon?

I asked the same question. The goal is to have it at Living Legends.

Ahh my bad, I thought the apex needed a large bore barrel front to function properly...

Shows what I know talking out of turn.

Styg

A thought on the Apex adapter - I know my 14" Arrow tip threads on fairly tight, as in, when I'm screwing it on, it's snug and requires a bit of grip on it to get it on. With the Apex system being turnable, is there enough meat on the adapter to grip as it's screwed in place? Flats like what's on the backs might be a nice touch on there.

Surprised at the lack of videos/pictures out there with this barrel being in so many dealers/peoples hands now. Mine is schedule to arrive today, but I am without air until the field opening on April 5th