Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception barrel?

As soon as I know, I will post it up

So can we assume an effective raincover might be in the mix?

Love that this will be available a'la carte as well. That's a great way to be able to get someone into one on a budget, and then expand out to the full kit as need and funds allow.

I'm thinking I'm likely to unload my Freak set in favor of this.

Yup, everything but my inserts are going bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenario View Post
    So can we assume an effective raincover might be in the mix?

The ability for that to happen has been incorporated into the design. That's one reason for the nice constant diameter on the tip where the parts meet. That and for the Go Pro Mount.

I will likely offer the can ends and open source a drawing for the cyclinder. Then you can make your own as long as your intent is to use it for paintball

WELL! if simon makes a tip the screws on to the front that extends back over the barrel that covers the ports with about 1/4-1/2" of space inbetween it and the barrel, and doesnt add any baffling. He could sell it as a "Loudener" then the end customer could add what ever he wants to accidentally have a silencer

Simon,

Here is a link for reference on the thread covers. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...D=1194&CAT=237

I like those.

Quote Originally Posted by paintballer187 View Post
    Simon,

Here is a link for reference on the thread covers. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...D=1194&CAT=237
    No problem!

I was just out testing my new barrel system with a bunch of different guns.

It's cold here and the paint is left over ultra evil out of my basement. Breaks every time when dropped from 3 feet.

0.685 rear 0.689 front. I am still working on the smaller rear bores and tips so I expect it to improve even further as the paint would have been a better fit in a .680 rear and then I could use the .683 front too...

Not a single break in pump gun, Axe, Vanquish #1 or Autococker. Had to turn the velocity way down to be legal on the Vanquish which was previously set up for a Freak barrel. Slightly higher velocity to the Sniper barrel I was using on my cocker before.

Soooo lovely and quiet too! Very happy with that. Quieter than any other barrel I can remember shooting. The holes in the front of the barrel back actually port out into a chamber in the tip section and then the gas gets released via the smaller porting.

When shooting the cocker most of the sound was the action of the gun. Awesome

Tomorrow I will put my prototype rain cover on it too and see how well that works

Supports Inception Designs
    Any chance of a CF tip or a CF ready tip?

I have a Specops C-Series CF front (just the CF tube) I got from a guy on MCB who had a bunch. I think it'd look great on this barrel.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.