Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see some firearms

It looks good.

even simple stuff like that?

I would be leaving that state immediately

how a state handles firearms laws is pretty much a deciding factor on whether or not I would live there

I hate not being able to buy and use a suppressor for my AUG, and I thought I had it rough

at least you dont live in New York or California, those people have their heads on backwards when they make gun laws
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

I am not sure about mods like that, but I had planned to make my own AR10, AR15 and 1911 until I found out you had to be registered with the state and comply with a bunch of stuff before you could manufacture a gun even for personal use.

I don't see myself living in NJ forever...

I am not a huge fan of the .45 round. That being said...my father recently picked up something in .45 that I have found I appreciate.

Kriss' are so cool

I almost bought a Kriss years ago just out of appreciation for the mechanism, but the stupid rules on barrel length in NJ ruined it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I don't see myself living in NJ forever...
    Isn't it going to be a little challenging to uproot an entire machine shop? Then again, I'd suspect there's probably other advantages (weather, taxes, etc) to not being in the New England area.

Not that big of a deal. Would cost some $$$ but the advantages (like tax) of living in some other states would rapidly make it worth it.

The southeast has much lower taxes and probably very favorable manufacturing laws, but the tradeoff you'd have is a very depressed local economy. If national sales are good it's an option, but if local market is important I'd think you either needed to go all the way to Florida or push west where regulations might be more strict again.