Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Lets see some firearms

Hurricanes, but not the drink!

i find it fascinating that gun owners are so paranoid of the government registering there firearms, but will gladly fess up every detail of there entire collection on FB and public message boards. you know the government has the internet too right?

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I am fully aware of what guns the government knows I have. During my last ATF inspection I had almost the exact same convorsation with the ATF agent. She explained that the ATF's record keeping is exteremly antiquated considering where technology is now. The only time you go on a "list" is if you buy multiple firearms at once (like 3 pistols in one week), or multiple semi-auto rifles. If you live in a border state they may even give you a visit to make sure your not selling south of the border. She did say that they have caught parolees violating thier parole posting photos of them with guns of facebook.

..... although she could have been lying to throw me off (gets tin foil hat).
    Last edited by evil_racecocker; 10-27-2015 at 10:09 AM.

What a gun owner is willing to talk about is not the same as being required to tell a government entity what you've got.

Semi-related, I had one of my daughters into urgent care the other day. She has some chronic problems... some doctors think it's kidney, some think it's gall bladder (except her pain is on the wrong side), most just aren't sure. I have my own suspicions - long-term Lyme disease issues. Anyway, one of the questions asked, or that was on the questionnaire, was "do you have any firearms in your home". The attending PA/nurse/whatever said he's supposed to ask that, but he doesn't, because he doesn't think it's any of the hospital's damn business. I thanked him for that. The smart-ass in me, had he pursued that question, might have come back with "do you consider grenade launchers to be firearms?".

Seems relevant, many diseases can affect mental state as well. In fact, advanced lymes is one of them...

I had a buddy get bells palsy from a tick bite once

it was pretty unsettling trying to talk to a friend with only half a working face

fuck ticks
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    i find it fascinating that gun owners are so paranoid of the government registering there firearms, but will gladly fess up every detail of there entire collection on FB and public message boards. you know the government has the internet too right?
    True, exactly why I dont do it.

endeavor to persevere.......

here's some of mine....

in the safe

ruger m77 mkII in .270 with a nikon prostaff 3-9x50
    remington versa max 28" that mostly gets used for winged animals
    and my hand guns...

ruger GP100 .357 6.75"

s&w 629 .44m 6.25"

SA m1911A1 GI model that i put dye sticky's on because of my gorilla hands and i like paintbullets. (this is what i use as a carry also, it's currently my smallest gun)

WASR10 with some mods

Howa 1500 .308 with a shite load of mods.... timney trigger at 1.5lbs, B&C stock that is pillar bedded for now but i plan on glass bedding it in the future, Wyatt's DBM, kydex adj. cheek weld, rem 700 bases (will eventually get a howa specific 20MOA 1 piece base), Bushnell custom 4-16x50 (saving for vortex), and a 24" ER Shaw barrel (1-10 twist, 1.15" diameter no contour, fluted, and 5/24 threaded at the muzzle with a shrouded brake on it atm)

edit: ha, got it working. more pics to come next edit.

ruger 10/22 with a tasco 3-9x40 is in the safe but i didnt take a good picture of it because its just a plinker/squirrel gun and everyone knows what they look like.

edit^2: i'm more of a hunter than a rec-shooter. eventually i'll get around to some three gun. i am planning on getting a trust set up so i can get sbr, fa, and silencers among other things, though. mostly to set myself up to inherit a few pieces from my father's collection.

just started really upping my collection over hunting stuff in the last 2-3 years. was living in NY until 2014, the SAFE act was passed when i lived there. that law is a huge pile of garbage. dont move to NY ever. Back home in MS now, love having plenty of family owned property to shoot on and very lenient gun restrictitions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tex; 10-29-2015 at 11:01 AM. Reason: got pics to work

^got my pics to work^

Yeah NY is not on my list of move to states, although they do offer some decent business incentives.

Nice collection. Illustrates why 45 frames are called that. Most Paintballers nowadays would think it's because they are 45 degrees. Doh.