Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kryptonite Axe Grip

Supports Inception Designs

Kryptonite Axe Grip

Any chance of seeing these along with the bodies?

I'm assuming that the standard axe or mini grips wouldn't allow much for milling

Had an idea and drew this up at lunch today:
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Very cool idea. Definitely worth thinking about. I have too many projects in my list. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Very cool idea. Definitely worth thinking about. I have too many projects in my list. Lol.
    try, i wanna see whats in your head, lol

love the grip idea

I'll see what I can come up with, may take a bit though.
    I'm thinking it might look a little like the Nummech grip extender all said and done.

Sort of like this, but with a round front grip instead of the standard axe one.

I would love to see what's in Simon's head though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    try, i wanna see whats in your head, lol

love the grip idea

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Took a short bit of time (10 min) and drew this up. Added random chamfers to "match" the Kryptonite body, I'd have to buy one to make sure everything matched.

I'm thinking that it'd be two parts, joined with a short threaded section from the bottom round grip into the main body. Not sure how to fit the board in quite yet though.
    side view:

Front Iso view:

I left the grip section round, so that a standard reg grip could be used. I think the NT reg grip would look pretty nice if a custom one wasn't available.

Very general renders:
    This looks bad since I just put the image over the grip.

This one's a "decal" so it looks better but isn't 80% correct.

Comparison w/a stock mini body and grip (thanks to zdspb.com for the files)
    Last edited by skibbo; 10-22-2013 at 08:29 PM.

looks like the valken proton grip. could use an exalt reg grip too if you kept it round. I like the idea. Think it'd be possible with the stock board, maybe turn it sideways?

I'd rather avoid the stock grip and have it be in conjunction with Curt's DNA board since it'll offer more configuration options in a much smaller package, plus I'd rather support Curt since he's a member.

Stock board is a pretty good idea though, but no idea how I could shove a battery in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WholemealDrop View Post
    looks like the valken proton grip. could use an exalt reg grip too if you kept it round. I like the idea. Think it'd be possible with the stock board, maybe turn it sideways?

Well if the DNA board is that small wouldn't it be a good idea to make a vanquish type grip, no LCD, have headers at the top as per usual and run an auxiliary board with led and button lower down the board ?

Me thinking outside the box a little. Will the OLED screen on the DNA board have issues if it has a long lead from the board? I'm woundering if mabyee put the board in the grip, Then the OLED screen in the frame

Not sure, but I wouldn't think there'd be any issue unless the wires get crazy long, which we don't have to worry about here. It woudl be pretty sweet to have the OLED in the frame. I'm thinking of using the button board in the rear frame (set up similar to a standard Ego frame) with the main DNA board in either the rear frame with it (there's plenty of room) and the 9V in the front grip.

Quote Originally Posted by evil_racecocker View Post
    Me thinking outside the box a little. Will the OLED screen on the DNA board have issues if it has a long lead from the board? I'm woundering if mabyee put the board in the grip, Then the OLED screen in the frame