Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kryptonite Axe Grip

Quote Originally Posted by skibbo View Post
    I'd rather avoid the stock grip and have it be in conjunction with Curt's DNA board since it'll offer more configuration options in a much smaller package, plus I'd rather support Curt since he's a member.

Stock board is a pretty good idea though, but no idea how I could shove a battery in as well.
    could basically do what you drew up. turn the board so now the button is on the right or left, create a forward extender like the numtech foregrip extender to store the battery. It would be kind of a pain to replace the battery since you'd effectively have to remove the entire front grip but pretty sure it would work. I'll see if I could draw something up. It'll be pretty rough but would explain it better

Supports Inception Designs
    sure. I'm a visual dude, so I could probably try and draw something up based on your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WholemealDrop View Post
    could basically do what you drew up. turn the board so now the button is on the right or left, create a forward extender like the numtech foregrip extender to store the battery. It would be kind of a pain to replace the battery since you'd effectively have to remove the entire front grip but pretty sure it would work. I'll see if I could draw something up. It'll be pretty rough but would explain it better
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

This is a really rough sketch of what it could look like with the stock board. Still plenty of space to put the DNA board, button board, and OLED screen is wanted. Really similar to your original design just with the stock board rotated. The foregrip can then be shortened side to side and front to back. axeforegrip_zpse5f8e713.jpg

sorry never posted a pic on this forum yet. Don't know how to embed it properly.

you can either attach it like you did, or use photobucket. Often I attach it then put the url between [img] [/img]code so it shows up.

Looks like it'd be doable. Not 100% sure how big the main Axe board is yet since I don't have mine quite yet (buying from a friend)

This is a really rough sketch of what it could look like with the stock board. Still plenty of space to put the DNA board, button board, and OLED screen is wanted. Really similar to your original design just with the stock board rotated. The foregrip can then be shortened side to side and front to back. axeforegrip_zpse5f8e713.jpg

sorry never posted a pic on this forum yet. Don't know how to embed it properly.

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Really isn't that big. Think of the width of the Axe grip, probably about a half inch less than that for the board width. My concern with this design is making the jumper board to connect the main board to the eye/sensor board. Milling the extender and foregrip is easy in comparison I'd say. Have to see if maybe Kurt could think something up.

I don't think it'd be a huge issue. Just have to make sure the 8 pins on the main board have something to connect to. Should use Molex connectors which are easy to find and are cheap. Just have to figure out what sort of connection the standard Axe has and go from there. Need to get one in my hands, going to buy one from a friend soon.

True I'm just no EE so anything that I can't buy completed sounds tough/expensive to me haha

I stink at Electrical Engineering, but as a Mechanical Engineer I understand the basics.

I think the best way to do this would be to have an adapter done up that would turn everything 90* via 2 Molex headers with wires between to allow for the turn.

True I'm just no EE so anything that I can't buy completed sounds tough/expensive to me haha

I should be able to rip the foregrip off my mini tonight if i'll help you guys out.

You could if you want. I have the CAD files from ZDSPB so I'm pretty sure I'll be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    I should be able to rip the foregrip off my mini tonight if i'll help you guys out.