Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well im doing a cocker build...

Well im doing a cocker build...

So guys after Simon debut the Kryptonite cocker body I was thinking it would be nice to do a cocker build, so some opinon on what I have and what I should buy to make a build would be great!

Parts I have:
    -Older PPS QuikSwitch
    -STO ram
    -PPS Microrock
    -ST Supafly 2k+ bolt
    -WGP Slider frame with KAPP internals and sticky3
    -Generic pump arm, cocking rod, beavertail
    -CP reg
    -Whatever lower tube internals in a eagle cocker
    -Sniper and freak barrels

Parts I'm considering:
    -Maybe another pump arm? lol
    -Tonsixer cocking rod and beavertail for aesthetics
    -DW Pro on/off
    -Check it detents
    -Frame????
    -Reg???? I may trade my CP for a buddy's sniper reg
    -CCM lower tube internals
    -Kryptonite body and sniper feedneck

So guys any thing(s) I should change or consider?

ideas? anyone?

drill it for eyes?

Lol not only I'm Terrible at drilling stuff, it might turn into a 1/1 mill xD

My opinion is that if u are going with mech spend the money on the frame(PE Hinge, Belsales Evo slider with roller sear or Shocktech slider with rollersear), madman springs and ram. Everything else is you can use stock WGP parts and get away with a pretty nice mech build.

If you are going to build a pump, spend the money on the pump kit, bolt(PE/Belsales, a new Be-orange or CCM bolt) and lower internals(CCM or 2nd gen PE rex dialer kit).

Also when building stuff, remember things like Palmer's Rock LPR maybe great performance wise.... Stripping it down to replace parts are a pain.

Insider
    I was thinking this....why not use a cheap WGP hinge frame and use a pneutrigger setup on the sear... mech walkable cocker? yes plz

seriously, you already have the LPR so it makes things significantly easier.

This is just my personal prefrence, but I don't care for the palmers quickswitch. They require a higher lpr pressure to seal. All of the ones I have ever owned were extremely finicky. Mabyee you will have better luck with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
    My opinion is that if u are going with mech spend the money on the frame(PE Hinge, Belsales Evo slider with roller sear or Shocktech slider with rollersear), madman springs and ram. Everything else is you can use stock WGP parts and get away with a pretty nice mech build.

If you are going to build a pump, spend the money on the pump kit, bolt(PE/Belsales, a new Be-orange or CCM bolt) and lower internals(CCM or 2nd gen PE rex dialer kit).

Also when building stuff, remember things like Palmer's Rock LPR maybe great performance wise.... Stripping it down to replace parts are a pain.
    I am planning on mech at the moment. I did find a autococker madmann spring kit so that is good. How much performance am I missing out on skimping on the lower tube? (I have to get a lower tube kit anyways new or used). And how much performance increase if I went from the wgp to madmann ram?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I was thinking this....why not use a cheap WGP hinge frame and use a pneutrigger setup on the sear... mech walkable cocker? yes plz

seriously, you already have the LPR so it makes things significantly easier.
    Lol I have another wgp frame, maybe I should look into making a sleeper too lol

Quote Originally Posted by evil_racecocker View Post
    This is just my personal prefrence, but I don't care for the palmers quickswitch. They require a higher lpr pressure to seal. All of the ones I have ever owned were extremely finicky. Mabyee you will have better luck with yours.
    Hmm... I didnt know about this. I thought plamers, it has to be good right? Maybe I should have stuck with the angry 3 way

Try it, if you don't like it, swap it out. Thats the beauty of cockers. Palmers makes good stuff. Its all personal prefrence really. Belsales makes a good 3 way.

Quote Originally Posted by evil_racecocker View Post
    *second* about the Palmers Quickswitch. good 3-way, but not my fave. I think the ST Bomb is still one of the best 3-ways I've ever used... just hard to find now.