Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no gas through Mag?

Why no gas through Mag?

I am not a mag guy, Although I do have one of the XMT minimag bodies that I will eventually build up as a pump. I have always woundered why no one has made a new port on the bottom of the valve and made as a gas through frame? Mabyee there is and I just have never seen one. In my eyes the Mag is the perfect gun to be made up as a gas through. Is there something that prevents the mag from doing this?

Supports Inception Designs
    Not much info here but it's a start.

Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

It can be done... but you might loose the ease of how the valve comes out. Unless you redesigned the valve.. :X
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

yea, it really is a small engineering feat to get the valve drilled just right for it. then you need to get a frame with the right geometry to run the line

Insider
    Wasn't the gas through automag called the RT

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 2xFast View Post
    Wasn't the gas through automag called the RT

That was what came to mind.

And then the way I did the Axe system. That was actually like a concept I had for the Mag back in 2000 or so. All it takes is an o-ring either side of the inlet port and a body to slide it into...

It would be easy to do. I even had a brief discussion with Tom about an updated mag at Tunaball. If I didn't have so much on my plate right now it's something I'd consider again.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That was actually like a concept I had for the Mag back in 2000 or so. All it takes is an o-ring either side of the inlet port and a body to slide it into...

It would be easy to do. I even had a brief discussion with Tom about an updated mag at Tunaball. If I didn't have so much on my plate right now it's something I'd consider again.
    I'm willing to wait.

Mag people have been waiting for years for an update. We can wait a little longer.

And I can say this with certainty - if you came at this with the same design mentality that you've done for your Kee/National/Empire/Inception products, it would single-handedly revive the Automag market.

A well designed E-Mag could probably capture a decent portion market as it would be as useful as a crossover, but better designed, and the "old school" guys would flock to it

Insider
    And then the way I did the Axe system. That was actually like a concept I had for the Mag back in 2000 or so. All it takes is an o-ring either side of the inlet port and a body to slide it into...

Would that handle 1000-1100 psi?

I would be another one in line with cash in hand for a modern automag/emag...but if you were to push me on the subject I think the things I love about the mag revolve around the flexability all the aftermarket parts lend the platform. Pump, check. Side feed, check. Electronic, check. Anti-chop, check.

The one thing that bothers me is the efficiency. So, again, if you were to ask the right questions I'd bet that most of us really mean something like a cross between and axe and an automag when we say "modern automag". I'd like to see the efficiency and the pump kits and the side loading, but I'd like it in the form of a more modern (read lighter and efficient) platform.