Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kryptonite valve dimensions; some aftermarket valves won't fit in the bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Mill slipped? That doesn't make sense.

Send it back and I will replace it if you aren't happy with the finish. I did see one that had a bad finish that wasn't caught by the guys that did the surface finish and anodizing that I held back.

I am tweaking the code on the next run to ensure that doesn't happen again.

I'll stand behind the bodies 100% so if you don't like it return it and I will send you back your money.

The bodies are made from stock WGP bodies. The internal bores and fit are all 100% stock WGP. I don't do anything that would affect the internal bores at all.

Can you put a mic on the AKA valve and see what it's outside diameter is?
    Simon, I will throw one on when I get home.. if memory serves when I measured it was 0.745, but that was last week...

my body shipped friday, from Gateway, so with any luck I will have it this week to check.

Ok so can't figure out how to post pics here off phone, but the Tornado I have is 0.573".

image.jpg

pics no shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by TierOneJeff View Post
    image.jpg

pics no shenanigans
    Awesome, thanks!

Pin gauging 20 stock WGP bodies shows them to be very consistently at .566" as you go through the threads.

That hole is a 5/8 -18 thread. Which means it should have a minor diameter of 0.5649"

I have no idea why AKA would make their valve larger than that?

There are many people here that are far more familiar with building autocockers than I am, but I don't see why you couldn't run a ream down the threads to open them up to fit the AKA valve?

Awesome, thanks!

Pin gauging 20 stock WGP bodies shows them to be very consistently at .566" as you go through the threads.

That hole is a 5/8 -18 thread. Which means it should have a minor diameter of 0.5649"

I have no idea why AKA would make their valve larger than that?

There are many people here that are far more familiar with building autocockers than I am, but I don't see why you couldn't run a ream down the threads to open them up to fit the AKA valve?
    My other head scratch-er is that if the stock is that small, why is it fitting in other 'milled' stock bodies? I pulled that Tornado out of a Dye Reflex I had laying around... hmmm *Googles reaming threads*

I am learning from what I am doing with the WGP stock parts I have that I am not always that impressed with their tolerances, machining, or set up. It's been quite a PITA in some ways.

I guess they got away with it for so long because the cocker system is pretty easy going on tolerances.

I have a feeling earlier bodies may have been drilled larger for the valve, thus AKA made their valve fit that? and then when K2 came in things started being done a little more to spec which actually probably helped with QC (which is why Steve Williams the guy in charge of all of that would have done it) but caused issues with compatability.

Speaking of valves, is there any notable design info about the Sniper/Resurrection valves such as features or design improvements that they would have relative to older WGP style stock valves? Like how the AKA Tornado or ST Rat for instance had some changes to improve efficiency relative to the WGP valves in the pre-11/16 bodies.

I'm late to the cocker world overall so there is a lot of info and details about various parts that I don't know. I'm just seeing if there are any 11/16 valves that are better than others if there even are others.

I'll measure my Rat valve that's laying around to ensure if would fit in the Kryptonite body as well.

Unless I can find a way to get it in, I may resort to a 99 Freeflow valve I have kicking around. but Tornado/Lightning was always my holy grail before I stopped playing with cockers... let me know about the ST.

Mill slipped? That doesn't make sense.

Send it back and I will replace it if you aren't happy with the finish. I did see one that had a bad finish that wasn't caught by the guys that did the surface finish and anodizing that I held back.

I am tweaking the code on the next run to ensure that doesn't happen again.

I'll stand behind the bodies 100% so if you don't like it return it and I will send you back your money.

The bodies are made from stock WGP bodies. The internal bores and fit are all 100% stock WGP. I don't do anything that would affect the internal bores at all.

Can you put a mic on the AKA valve and see what it's outside diameter is?
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I honestly like the body so much that I didn't want to get rid of it. Almost everything below is hidden by the pump arm and cannot really be see when it's assembled so it's not like it's an eye sore. But I still didn't expect flaws like these on a $250 body. There are other cosmetic problems too, like dents and scratches under the anodizing, but those could have been caused by the anodizer.

My Tornado valve is .5760.

Also note the scratch that runs the length of the body, where the pump arm sits in the body

Close ups:

The back window:

I still really like it though:

She does look good in silver and black. First silver gun I have seen built.

Those areas are part of the few external surfaces from the original WGP blank and milling that they did, and not what we cut . The slots along the side are from the original extrusion, and the cross holes were milled by WGP. That said I am surprised and sorry that wasn't picked up.

Here's a picture of the blanks we start from.

Yours is one of the only 2 guns done in that colour from me, and it's one of less than 30 guns with the 2k5 front block style in conjunction with the full body. It's also slightly (just very) different milling to the final production run due to some issues I ran into with WGP tolerances (we also go back and deburr all of their machining also now to avoid issues like the edges on the through slots).

So it's 1/150 for being a full body Kryptonite, 1/30 for being a 2k5 front block, and 1/2 for being factory silver. I learnt a lot on those first 10 that were sold at World Cup that adjusted the production after.

If you want to send it back I can replace it with a raw body, or try to get it refinished for you. If it was refinished the risk is that it would need to be replaced with a stock current production body if something went wrong. I have maybe 1 with a 2k5 front left (in raw), and maybe 10 raw full bodies left (2k+ front block). I have 8 matte black full bodies left I think (2k+).

After PBE (which is next week) I do not expect to have any of the full body style left at all, so please let me know soon what you would like to do.