Thread: The Banshee

The Banshee

Anyone remember this project?

I recently spoke with Ri0T and it reminded me of his project. I remember his issue with over rotation...

Does anyone have any thoughts on the project and idea? I'm thinking that I'm going to try modelling something similar. I've been needing a challenge.

For those that don't know, the thread can be found on PBN in the custom markers section.

I remember him working on it and some photo's from a long time back. I think we may need a refresher on the system and issues though

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2603111

Interesting. Closer to what I'd been thinking up than what the DFender wound up being. My mental plot on this line of thinking is still different from what's either here or in the DFender. This is a little more traditional, if you can call this kind of project that.

shoot from the hip and pray for a solid meal! that thing is dirty harry badass

Thanks for the link Pump.

According to him, aiming was only slightly different from a standard gun.

If you didn't want to read through the umpteen page PBN thread, Think of it as a Z2 drivecone mounted directly to a barrel. Each ball chamber has an air transfer hole and this meets up with the lower tube, and allows the MQ to fire the ball.

He had troubles with the drive cone indexing properly after rotation. If I remember correctly, there were 8 ball pockets in the drive cone. Consistent 45* rotation shouldn't be too hard for us here right?

He was pretty adamant about using the stock autococker style ram to move the carrier, and I tend to agree. I don't think that a stepper motor will be fast enough.

edit - Pump, I'd like to hear your ideas if possible?