Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Designs Hand Molded Pico Hopper shells

Have waited so long for this type of hopper to come along...... This thing works great with the Halo too parts I threw in there. A few things did kind of bug me but its not that big a deal as it still works just fine but I had to sand the fingers down a little (both the fingers themselves and on the top as it was rubbing in just a few areas) after installing the clutch system to the current parts. Another thing I noticed is when I press down with my thumbs on the top of the loader past the door pin near the middle area you can kind of hear a creeking sound as well as see a little light if you are looking though the inside of the loader....Have not taken a hit there yet and just want to be sure this plastic is awesome, which I'm thinking it is anyways lol. I could also maybe see a latch on the battery door maybe breaking but mine are quite strong and the battery housing fits just fine with no sponge needed.....Other then a really sung fit on my T2, and that the crappy Halo too door didn't really fit on the loader (it wasn't really fitting on the regular body either all that well anyways) its a great hopper. Also my 50 round pods work amazing with the HK feed, and its just the right amount for a reload with this thing.... Hope all this helps........
    Last edited by Sagescout; 01-13-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagescout View Post
    This thing works great with the Halo too parts I threw in there. A few things did kind of bug me but its not that big a deal as it still works just fine but I had to sand the fingers down a little (both the fingers themselves and on the top as it was rubbing in just a few areas) after installing the clutch system to the current parts.
    It's been a long time since I put a clutch system into any Halo but IIRC leaving on one of the circlips that should have been removed can result in the drive sitting a little too high and that would cause the rubbing. I may not be remembering it right though, it's probably 6+ years since I worked on those projects

Quote Originally Posted by Sagescout View Post
    Another thing I noticed is when I press down with my thumbs on the top of the loader past the door pin near the middle area you can kind of hear a creeking sound as well as see a little light if you are looking though the inside of the loader....Have not taken a hit there yet and just want to be sure this plastic is awesome, which I'm thinking it is anyways lol.
    The material is an awesome urethane. One of the issues involved with hand molding these is that I couldn't use the normal tongue and groove to completely lock the shells together and so they can flex a little. I have taken hits (and purposely shot a shell at close range) and haven't had any issues.

The other downside is that the hand molding uses flexible tooling which can lead to a little more variations/gaps in the parts than using steel tooling and injection molding. If someone wanted to invest $30,000 I'd have a real set of tools made... lol but until then this was the only way I could find to produce these at anywhere near to a reasonable price.

BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    People always like to see comparison photo's so post away
    A few comparisons with every loader that I own:

Sorry about the last one, it turned out blurry. Overall, the Pico has the lowest clearance between the top of the marker and the bottom of the loader, keeping it nice and tight on top of the gun. While the Pico seems to be the same height as several other loaders, its short nose protrudes a good 2-2.5 inches less than most full-sized loaders.

Wayne
    Well done BE.

Posting to get on the wait list!

Quote Originally Posted by olsenb View Post
    Posting to get on the wait list!
    Great to have you here Brett, what colour are you looking for?

got my Pico through thanks very much