Thread: These sorta look like paintball goggles...

These sorta look like paintball goggles...

Maybe a lucrative contract for the person who designs the version that is adopted? Design of this sort is not my area of expertise but I've heard of someone who seems to be pretty good at it...

http://www.guns.com/marines-and-army...ilds-8252.html

Looks like a pair of Events lol

Those are very interesting. The comments are even more telling though.

I wonder how hot they are inside with no vents, and it looks like your breath can come up into the lens. That was one of the deathnails for the Angel Eye goggles.

They look pretty cool though.

So, the military wants these, but the Army has de-authorized the use of Magpul's P-Mags? Times like this, I'm really glad I did my time and got the hell out.

Wait, why would they de-authorize those? Weren't they harmless?

P-Mags? Yep, they worked MUCH better than the old aluminum ones I had to live with when I was in. Well enough that some guys who "accidentally" ran one over with a truck, along with an aluminum issue one, could put the P-Mag back in a rifle and fire without issue, while the aluminum one wouldn't feed at all. The P-Mags were in the supply system, NSN numbers and everything, but some contractor probably freaked out to his pet General, and got the P-Mags banned. It's still all about who you know and who you stroke, so to speak.

And don't even get me started on the boondoggle of the F-35...

Wayne
    A new article came out saying that the previous one was not a mandate, but more of a presser of some sort about the re-design of the aluminum ones. Units can continue to get and use PMags if they want.

Is that the bit about the tan followers in the aluminums?

Wayne
    That is how it reads to me. The aluminum ones have been modified to reduce failures, but groups are free to get non-aluminum mags if they have an ordering number associated with them.