Thread: some issues with the axes

some issues with the axes

So I am having a rough time getting off the feednecks to my axes. I have a nano series feedneck and the ion to sniper/resurrection/vanquish feed neck. Also having a rough time getting off triggers (one of them re installed the wrong way).

Any help?

Trigger pin the wrong way is going to need to be punched out in whatever direction results in the grooved top of the pin moving out of the frame first. So put the punch on the smooth end.

Feednecks. Clamp them down around a dowel or something you don't care about and that gives you some good grip.
    Remove the ball detents. Heat the bottom of the feedneck gently. A hot hair dryer may be enough. Then twist the feedneck out anti clockwise.

OK will do Simon thanks, but I dont see how I'm going to get off the feedneck off a carbon fiber Axe since it would spin? And I have tried punching the pin out on the smooth part without any useful results, the carbon Axe is punched in correctly but still not budging and the incorrectly replaced pin on the Axe isn't moving either

Carbon fibre axe has the new feednecks.

Do you want to remove the part that screws into the gun? or just the feedneck itself?

If you want to remove the part that screws into the gun my above method should work, you may just need to tighten down the bottom screw more before you do it.

If you want to remove the top part, take out both screws completely. Then put a flat screwdriver blade or knife tip into the slot. Put the bottom screw in from the WRONG side and tighten it down. It will expand the feedneck so you can easily take it off. Don't screw it any more than you need to though.

With the trigger pins.

Remove the grip frame from the gun. Remove the grips and any loose parts.

Take a block of wood and drill a 1/4" hole into it.

Place the pin location off the frame over that hole so it can be punched through easily.

Line the frame up on the block. Line up the punch and hit it. If it doesn't move... hit it harder.

Hey Simon something I think you may have forgotten but may want to give me advice. I was looking down the feedneck on the carbon axe today, found 2 flat spots... so what wrench can I use since an adjustable one is ill advised?

And yea on the black axe I had fun since the pin was stuck halfway...ended up hitting it with other trigger pin and out came one and correctly installed another lol.

I will buy a dowel tomorrow!

pinch punches are thankless and valuable. you beat on them, till you get what you want out of them. i wouldn't spend too much money on them, as they can easily bend up and become useless. go to Lowes or Home Depot and get the 1/16th. for $3-4 you can't loose. when they become bent, just get a new one(i've spent $17 for Matco and $15 for Snap-on, just to have them bend up on me).

Quote Originally Posted by get.lit.up View Post
    Hey Simon something I think you may have forgotten but may want to give me advice. I was looking down the feedneck on the carbon axe today, found 2 flat spots... so what wrench can I use since an adjustable one is ill advised?
    The flats are there to tighten it in with loctite, but will round off very easily if you don't break the loctite when you try to remove it.

Making sure the feedneck is tightened to the adaptor and then unscrewing the whole thing is the best way to remove it without damage.

Just curious, why do you want to get it off the Carbon Fibre Axe?

I wanted part swap, I like that feedneck but not so much the nano series I'm going to be replacing on it lol

Thanks for the advice nobody! I ended up using a crappy precision screwdriver and punched that pin out! I hope I won't need to deal with it ever again since I'm using a violent series trigger pin.